Agreed - info from cache.log and try recompile your squid now with bsd5

-----Original Message-----
From: Elsen Marc []
Sent: 06 February 2004 03:08 PM
To: Evren Yurtesen;
Subject: RE: [squid-users] squid 2.5.STABLE4 + FreeBSD 5.x = crash after a

> Hello,
> I have been using squid 2.5 stable for a while with 4.9
> version of FreeBSD
> and it was working fine for months. Now I had to upgrade to
> 5.x version to
> get better support for hyperthreading and sata drives.
> When I am using squid with 5.x version of the freebsd. It
> crash after 1-3
> days of usage randomly.
> The symptoms are that squid use 98% of the cpu and it doesnt respond.
> It just stucks and I cant even send kill -TERM signal to it.
> I have tried
> using half closed clients option on and off in my conf file
> with the same
> result.
> Is there anybody else who is having similar problem? I dont
> have any ACLs
> at all and the same conf file of squid was working with 4.9
> stable anyhow.
> Any suggestions?

- which 2.5 stable release are you using ?
- Does squid crash or just consumes lot's of CPU ?
- Anyway whatever, anything in cache.log which could provide
more info ?
Or error related info in cache.log, prior to the real problem
situation you are encountering at a certain point ?
- Possibly weird incompat. issues related to os 'offered' shared libs
may be a culprit. Did you try re-building squid ?