I've reduced the number of popups using some acls: proxy authentication is
not asked for images, js, css files

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl images urlpath_regex \.gif$
acl images urlpath_regex \.png$
acl images urlpath_regex \.jpg$
acl images urlpath_regex \.jpeg$
acl images urlpath_regex \.js$
acl images urlpath_regex \.css$

http_access allow images
http_access allow password
http_access deny all

Henrik Nordstrom
Pour : Henrik Nordstrom
cc : Squid Users
03/02/2004 12:36 Objet : [squid-users] Re: Some NTLM info which may explain failures

Another possible workaround is mentioned in MS KB 820780

This suggests that it may help to make the ERR_CACHE_ACCESS_DENIED message
larger than 1460 bytes. For high speed LAN users I suspect it needs to be
substantially larger, for dialup or other slow connections <10MBps just
above 1460 bytes should be sufficient.

Please note that the hotfixes mentioned appears to be included in the
latest IE security update (February 2).

Regards
Henrik