On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Simon Walters wrote:
> > So, there is no way of going on sites like hotmail, and things like
> > that? What's the CONNECT method? Isn't there any way I can specify which
> > ports the network can access?

> For proxying of non-HTTP protocols such as IMAP/POP/SMTP/IRC/whatever you
> need a SOCKS proxy in addition to Squid.

Reading your question again. For webmail services using your browser (or
outlook client configured for webmail) HTTP is used, not

If you have problems accessing such services then make sure your browser
and/or email client is configured to use the proxy.

If there is still problems, please tell us a little more about your setup
and what errors you receive. Also check your cache.log for any strange
messages. Note: If you are inside a firewall requiring the use of a parent
proxy then see the Squid FAQ for proper Squid configuraion.