i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Henrik Nordstrom
To: MarceloK
Date: Friday, January 30, 2004, 4:18:31 AM
Subject: [squid-users] Startup script: execvp: No such file or directory

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, MarceloK wrote:

> Hail everyone
> I'm using Red Hat 8 and Squid 2.5Stable3
> I've experienced a problem with startup script for squid. When I use the command
> service squid start I get
> env: /etc/init.d/squid: No such file or directory

You don't have a /etc/init.d/squid rc file, expected by the RedHat service
command. Or there is some problem with the #! line at the top of the

> : bad interpreter: No such file or directory

This indicates the problem is likely the #! line.

Verify that the file is using UNIX lineendings and does not have any odd
characters at the end of the line.

Best regards,
mortbox mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net