i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: David Landgren
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2004, 12:22:15 PM
Subject: [squid-users] Setting up req_mime_type ACLs

What with the recent spate of virus attacks, I figured it was time to
investigate blocking web downloads of dangerous MIME types.

I searched around but haven't found a good tutorial on the matter. So I
did the following: I found a test MIME extension that's not going to
affect my users as I play around.

I'm using application.x-director with and extension of .dxr. I created a
file on a web server and added the extension dxr. Mozilla correctly
identifies it as application.x-director when I try to download it.

I have the following lines in my squid.conf
===
acl mime_banned req_mime_type /application\.x-director/

http_reply_access deny mime_banned
http_reply_access allow all
===

I reloaded squid but it doesn't block the attempt. What am I doing
wrong? (I did try anchored with ^ and $ but that didn't work either, and
..dxr as well).

Thanks for any clues I can use,
David
--
Commercial OS breeds commerce, whereas free OS breeds freedom,
the only thing more dangerous and confusing than commerce.

Best regards,
mortbox mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net