a lot of that will depend on how many users you have... in your case I
would probably cnsider adding additional disk but that's highly dependant
on your actual load.

joelja

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, aiggno wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to use Squid as a caching server for a network that has about 500
> users. I intend to use a Sun 280R, 1 x 900 MHz cpu, 1 GB memory and 1 x 36
> GB HDD.
>
> How many RAM and disk space should I have? What is the recommended hardware
> configuration? Is there any docs that show how to sizing the squid server ?
> The Squid Sizing for Intel Platforms
> as in squid FAQ does not
> available.
>
> Cheers,
> Regards,
> Aiggno

Joel Jaeggli Unix Consulting joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
GPG Key Fingerprint: 5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2