Hmm, I guess you could run wget commands on the Squid server. If you tell
wget to go through Squid, it will cache pages but is not really proxying as
it is the Squid box making the requests for the Squid box which is not 'on
behalf of' ie proxying. The proxy part I think is only when Squid makes web
requests for clients.

This has the effect of pre-caching content for LAN users who may wish to
browse the pre-cached pages at a later date and time.

Regards,

Chris