On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 Arno.STREULI@ca-indosuez.ch wrote:

> One quick question for who I didn't find any answer on the web.
> I need to have one proxy doing the authentication on a multi-domain
> (forest) environement.

> Anybody have a clue how I can tell squid to look with the right AD server
> to authenticate ?

If you use Samba then it should be kind of automatic using the NT-Domain
style login names (domain/login).

> Without having to go to one AD, and then making a trust to the other
> domain(tree in the forest).

Ah, that is a slightly different question..

For Basic authentication this is possible, assuming you can build a
ruleset that can derive which user directory to connect to based on the
login name.