Henrik K wrote:

> Then instead of asking for a lacking addition to a poor whitelisting
> method (in this case), we should enhance whitelist_from_rcvd to
> process received paths:
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@foobar.xyz

Should this be read to mean "whitelist from foobar if it came via AND"? That's an interesting option, but I can't see
much immediate use. Maybe when I've thought about it for a bit.

> Perhaps it could even work with hostnames as long as they stay inside
> trusted_networks.

I'm not sure I like the ideas of whitelisting based on IP-addresses,
it's too inflexible. Why would you not use hostnames?

> And perhaps it could support basic wildcards instead of regexps.

I appreciate Matts explanation about whitelist_from_rcvd being a regular
user option, so maybe the right way would be
a "whitelist_from_rcvdregex" ?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich