On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 02:38:22PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
> Henrik K wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 02:22:08PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
> >> Yes, I saw that in the code - still, having a
> >> whitelist_from_rcvdregex
> >> would be very useful, people relay via their providers quite a lot.
> >> I guess I'll have to write something up.

> > If the originator is static IP, add whole path to trusted_networks and
> > use ALL_TRUSTED.

> I prefer to use that only for our own networks. That I whitelist one
> domain from a certain server(s) doesn't mean I want to whitelist
> everything.

Then instead of asking for a lacking addition to a poor whitelisting method
(in this case), we should enhance whitelist_from_rcvd to process received
paths:

whitelist_from_rcvd *@foobar.xyz 1.2.3.4 2.3.4.5

Perhaps it could even work with hostnames as long as they stay inside
trusted_networks.

And perhaps it could support basic wildcards instead of regexps.