Per Jessen wrote:
> Occasionally I'd like to do something like this:
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@domain.fr /^smtp[0-9]+\.orange\.fr$/
>
> The situation is that domain.fr is relaying mail through their provider,
> which has a number of smtp servers named smtpNN.orange.fr. If I were
> to stick to the current whitelist_from_rcvd, I'd only be able to do:
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@domain.fr orange.fr
>
> But that opens to emails from domain.fr also being accepted when sent
> from e.g. ADSL and dial-up lines on orange.fr. I think actually it
> would be wanadoo.fr in this case,

Indeed. they use ".abo.wandoo.fr" ("abo" stands for "abonné", french for
"subscriber"). even if they switch to orange.fr, I guess they would use
".abo.orange.fr" or something like that (but this would not be a small
change, so I don't se it coming in the short/medium term).

BTW. Since few years, Orange.fr have started blocking port 25. not yet
complete though. (the few I've seen lately are listen on zen and sorbs).

> but you get the idea.

yes.