John Hardin schrieb:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
>
>> bayes_path /path/to/.spamassassin
>>
>> Burt then, I get the error:
>>
>> [3936] info: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
>> "/path/to/.spamassassin" is not valid for "bayes_path", skipping:
>> bayes_path /path/to/.spamassassin
>>
>> So, there is something wrong and as I see it, the training has no effect
>> on SA, to be honest, it recognizes only the half of the spam ...

> bayes_path is a filename prefix, not a directory name. Take another
> look at the documentation for that option.

Dear John, thank you for the answer. I changed now the path in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and restartet spamd, now there is no
more error message.

But it seems so that bayes filtering is still not activated ... I took a
look at the documentation and added also

use_bayes 1

to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, but SA still doesn't recognize a
hugh amount of spam. Also, there is no "baysean" tag in as spam
recognized emails:

pts rule name description
3.9 MIME_BOUND_DD_DIGITS Spam tool pattern in MIME boundary
2.8 X_IP Message has X-IP header
4.2 MSGID_SPAM_CAPS Spam tool Message-Id: (caps variant)
1.2 SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS Subject: has too many raw illegal characters
2.4 RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH Received: HELO and IP do not match, but should
2.6 RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO Received: contains an IP address used for HELO
1.9 FORGED_HOTMAIL_RCVD2 hotmail.com 'From' address, but no 'Received:'
0.0 UNPARSEABLE_RELAY Informational: message has unparseable relay lines
2.9 TVD_SPACE_RATIO BODY: TVD_SPACE_RATIO
2.5 MIME_QP_LONG_LINE RAW: Quoted-printable line longer than 76 chars
2.3 SUBJECT_NEEDS_ENCODING SUBJECT_NEEDS_ENCODING
0.1 RDNS_NONE Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS

Spam is learned all two hours, "sa-learn --dump magic" gives me:

0.000 0 3 0 non-token data: bayes db version
0.000 0 1041 0 non-token data: nspam
0.000 0 216 0 non-token data: nham
0.000 0 68746 0 non-token data: ntokens
0.000 0 1208152725 0 non-token data: oldest atime
0.000 0 1225912219 0 non-token data: newest atime
0.000 0 1225912221 0 non-token data: last journal
sync atime
0.000 0 0 0 non-token data: last expiry atime
0.000 0 0 0 non-token data: last expire
atime delta
0.000 0 0 0 non-token data: last expire
reduction count

So, I think I'm doing something wrong ... ???

Hopefully I'm asking not too stupid questions, please don't beat a
beginner ... ;-)

Best,

Tom