On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 07:52 -0700, John Hardin wrote:
>> I'm going to suggest again that, given how much pain it causes noobs,
>> perhaps the use of whitelist_from should generate a lint _warning_ that it
>> should only be used if no other whitelist method will work...

> The thing with noobs and whitelist_from (according to my experience on
> this list) appears to be a lack of reading. I got the impression most of
> them just blindly whitelist_from their own domain to be on the safe
> side, without any prior investigation and usually without any need.

Agreed, and if they aren't reading the documentation carefully enough to
see the warnings about using whitelist_from, then they probably aren't
running a lint either...

However, if emitting a warning in lint saves having some "why are spams
hitting USER_IN_WHITELIST??" messages sent to the list, it's probably
worth doing.

...the Fates notice those who buy chainsaws...
-- www.darwinawards.com
2 days until Halloween