On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 23:24 +0300, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> > When asking about touching Perl, I wasn't actually
> > thinking of Perl itself, but Perl modules relevant to
> > this issue -- like updating re2c
> > 0.12.x to 0.13.x. Hence my bugzilla pointers.

> Yes. I have Perl 5.8.8 and SA 3.2.5. I have not commented out
> Rule2XSBody because I would like to have compiled rules.

But a working SA is better than no SA, just because you like to compile
the REs, right?

> SA works when I temporarily disabled sa-compile (in the cron-job) and
> removed /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled
>
> Dunno what causes this, but broken it is, if trying to use compiled
> headers.

The most important issues here are to get a usable SA, and to get a
useful bug report. In that order.

Clearly, "it doesn't work" is in no case a useful report. I did point
you to specific issues and possible reasons causing this. Alas, you
didn't even mention after the poking which version of re2c you are using
and if that one might have been updated -- after all, all you claim is
you didn't touch your *config*.

If you don't give some more details, I'm afraid no one will be able to
help you or fix the issue. And the original post will remain a
complaint.

Also, please note that certain heavy weight rules like the Sought
ruleset are known to occasionally trigger issues with compiling rules.

guenther

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a \x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i (c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}