user_prefs brilliant indenting mode invented by me - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on user_prefs brilliant indenting mode invented by me - SpamAssassin ; Gentlemen, I save wads of space in my user_prefs with header J_YAHOO_CAL X-Yahoo-Newman-Property=~/calendar-invite/ score J_YAHOO_CAL 11 header J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER X-Mailer=~/MediaWiki mailer/ score J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER -10 instead of the traditional header J_YAHOO_CAL X-Yahoo-Newman-Property=~/calendar-invite/ score J_YAHOO_CAL 11 header J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER X-Mailer=~/MediaWiki mailer/ score J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER -10 ...

  1. user_prefs brilliant indenting mode invented by me

    Gentlemen, I save wads of space in my user_prefs with

    header J_YAHOO_CAL X-Yahoo-Newman-Property=~/calendar-invite/
    score J_YAHOO_CAL 11
    header J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER X-Mailer=~/MediaWiki mailer/
    score J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER -10

    instead of the traditional

    header J_YAHOO_CAL X-Yahoo-Newman-Property=~/calendar-invite/
    score J_YAHOO_CAL 11

    header J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER X-Mailer=~/MediaWiki mailer/
    score J_MEDIAWIKI_MAILER -10

    (and as nobody is reading the spam except me, I have disposed of
    "describe" entries.)

  2. Re: user_prefs brilliant indenting mode invented by me

    Oh no oh no, man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf says
    Whitespace in the files is not significant, but please note that
    starting a line with whitespace is deprecated, as we reserve its use
    for multi-line rule definitions, at some point in the future.
    OK, sorry. I regret my previous message.
    Wait. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if SpamAssassin goes the python route
    where whitespace counts in syntax, vs. perl where one can use the
    trusty semicolon and {}, especially as SpamAssassin is perl based...
    (Anyway, I hate python as it doesn't fit into wrapped one-liners in
    Makefiles, etc. They expect everybody is editing on a terminal with TABs, etc.)

  3. Re: user_prefs brilliant indenting mode invented by me

    jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
    > Oh no oh no, man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf says
    > Whitespace in the files is not significant, but please note that
    > starting a line with whitespace is deprecated, as we reserve its use
    > for multi-line rule definitions, at some point in the future.
    > OK, sorry. I regret my previous message.
    > Wait. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if SpamAssassin goes the python route
    > where whitespace counts in syntax, vs. perl where one can use the
    > trusty semicolon and {}, especially as SpamAssassin is perl based...

    don't fight against the system. don't fight against syntax. If you don't
    like it, write a script to generate it from your own.

    > (Anyway, I hate python as it doesn't fit into wrapped one-liners in
    > Makefiles, etc. They expect everybody is editing on a terminal with TABs, etc.)

+ Reply to Thread