Upgrading - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Upgrading - SpamAssassin ; Hi all, What would the reccomended procedure be for upgrading SA from 3.001008 to 3.002003 and then staying up to date. This would be on FreeBSD 6.n, with the original SA installed from ports. TIA, -Grant...

  1. Upgrading

    Hi all,

    What would the reccomended procedure be for upgrading SA from 3.001008 to
    3.002003 and then staying up to date.

    This would be on FreeBSD 6.n, with the original SA installed from ports.

    TIA,

    -Grant

  2. Re: Upgrading

    Jack Raats пишет:
    > Hi Grant,
    >
    > First update the ports (see the handbook how (cvsup-without-gui and
    > portupgrade))
    > After this you'll run portupgrade -a

    It seems to me that using `portupgrade -a` is not very good.
    You should consult /usr/ports/UPDATING and look if there are special
    instructions for any of your installed packages.

  3. Re: Upgrading

    > Hi all,
    >
    > What would the reccomended procedure be for upgrading SA from 3.001008 to
    > 3.002003 and then staying up to date.
    >
    > This would be on FreeBSD 6.n, with the original SA installed from ports.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Grant

    Sorry, just saw this.

    Should be easy, a portupgrade -R p5-Mail-SpamAssassin should do it.
    You MIGHT 'stop' every now and then if a dependency doesn't build right,
    just build it by hand.

    Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2 will change the directory the default *.cf files
    are in (but the user cf's are still in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin)
    From the pkg-message:
    NOTE: FREEBSD users: If you are updating to 3.20 you will find
    that sa-update now places state files in /var/db/spamassassin
    and not the default /var/lib/spamassassin. This is to be consistant
    with Freebsd file directory conventions

    Portupgrade will ask (and timeout if you are not there) and ask if you want
    to run sa-update and sa-compile.

    It should also preserve the existing *.pre files and local.cf.

    Set a cronjob to run sa-update && sa-compile && restart spamd (or
    amavisd-new)

    Any problems, post a PR with send-pr or visit www.freebsd.org, click on
    support, click on add problem report.

    --
    Michael Scheidell, CTO
    >|SECNAP Network Security

    Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
    FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com