Folder Redirection Besides classification - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Folder Redirection Besides classification - SpamAssassin ; Hi ! Is it possible to redirect classified spam to another file, just after classification, instead of appending to the user regular mail file (like /var/mail/usermail) ? Regards David...

  1. Folder Redirection Besides classification

    Hi !

    Is it possible to redirect classified spam to another file, just after
    classification, instead of

    appending to the user regular mail file (like /var/mail/usermail) ?

    Regards

    David

  2. Re: Folder Redirection Besides classification

    On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 05:03:06PM +0100, David Carvalho wrote:
    > Is it possible to redirect classified spam to another file, just after
    > classification, instead of

    No.

    > appending to the user regular mail file (like /var/mail/usermail) ?

    SA isn't doing that either. It's just marking up the message.

    --
    Randomly Selected Tagline:
    "It started as all journies do, with a beginning..." - Commercial

  3. Re: Folder Redirection Besides classification

    David Carvalho wrote:
    > Hi !
    >
    > Is it possible to redirect classified spam to another file, just after
    > classification, instead of
    >
    > appending to the user regular mail file (like /var/mail/usermail) ?

    sure. use maildrop, procmail, dovecot sieve, amavisd-new, postfix, ....
    etc. SA is not involved in delivery.

  4. Re: Folder Redirection Besides classification

    Theo Van Dinter wrote:
    > On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 05:03:06PM +0100, David Carvalho wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to redirect classified spam to another file, just after
    >> classification, instead of
    >>

    > No.

    Well, it's possible to do, but it's not possible for spamassassin to do
    it by itself. In order to be generic enough to work with so many
    different mail setups, SA doesn't do mailboxes, it scans and modifies,
    only. No ability to delete, redirect, etc.

    However, there's nothing stopping another tool from doing so based on
    SA's marking.. (ie: procmail).

    If you're using procmail the same basic ideas would apply as presented
    here for deleting spam:

    http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ailsMarkedSpam

    Just change /dev/null to a different file.

    >> appending to the user regular mail file (like /var/mail/usermail) ?
    >>

    > SA isn't doing that either. It's just marking up the message.

    Agreed. SA doesn't do mailboxes

  5. RE: Folder Redirection Besides classification

    If your using postfix, you could create a bash script that reads the email
    as its passed back to postfix from SA, matches text and then sends that
    matching email to a specific user. You could even set it up to send to
    different mailboxes based on matching different text.

    If your interested, I can send you an example.

    > On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 05:03:06PM +0100, David Carvalho wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to redirect classified spam to another file, just
    >> after classification, instead of
    >>

    > No.

    Well, it's possible to do, but it's not possible for spamassassin to do it
    by itself. In order to be generic enough to work with so many different mail
    setups, SA doesn't do mailboxes, it scans and modifies, only. No ability to
    delete, redirect, etc.

    However, there's nothing stopping another tool from doing so based on SA's
    marking.. (ie: procmail).

    If you're using procmail the same basic ideas would apply as presented here
    for deleting spam:

    http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ailsMarkedSpam

    Just change /dev/null to a different file.

    >> appending to the user regular mail file (like /var/mail/usermail) ?
    >>

    > SA isn't doing that either. It's just marking up the message.

    Agreed. SA doesn't do mailboxes

+ Reply to Thread