Shortcurcuit scoring problem (3.2.5) - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Shortcurcuit scoring problem (3.2.5) - SpamAssassin ; Hello, I am using version 3.2.5 and, to reduce spam and SA footprint, turned on shortcircuit plug-in. I use standard 60_shortcircuit.cf. At the first time, I enabled only whitelist/blacklist rules and this works great. Now, due to increasing amount of ...

  1. Shortcurcuit scoring problem (3.2.5)

    Hello,

    I am using version 3.2.5 and, to reduce spam and SA footprint, turned on
    shortcircuit plug-in.
    I use standard 60_shortcircuit.cf.
    At the first time, I enabled only whitelist/blacklist rules and this works
    great.
    Now, due to increasing amount of spam, I decided to turn on bayes
    shortcircuit rules.
    Shortcircuit doc
    (http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...rtcircuit.html)
    says that in case of "spam" it "override the default score of this rule with
    the score from shortcircuit_spam_score" but this was not true - plug-in does
    not change score and it remains 3.5 which is lower than my threshold and it
    breaks further checking and the situation gets worse than without this rule
    - I have started receiving much more spam (with score 3.5 from bayes).
    Ok, I have added to this file "shortcircuit_spam_score 100" and
    "shortcircuit_ham_score 100" explicitly, but this did not help - result was
    the same - looks like these options do not work at all.

    Ok, I think, it is possible to change bayes_99 score in appropriate file,
    but, I think, this will not be correct.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Shortcurcuit scoring problem (3.2.5)

    Hi,

    I'm experiencing the exact same problem with 3.2.3, y "fix" was simply
    to manually specify the spam score:

    # adjust for high efficiency rules
    score URIBL_BLACK 50
    score URIBL_JP_SURBL 50
    score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 50
    score RAZOR2_CHECK 50
    score BAYES_99 50
    # short circuit high efficiency rules
    shortcircuit URIBL_BLACK spam
    shortcircuit URIBL_JP_SURBL spam
    shortcircuit RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET spam
    shortcircuit RAZOR2_CHECK spam
    shortcircuit BAYES_99 spam

    -- Felix

    Crocomoth schrieb:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using version 3.2.5 and, to reduce spam and SA footprint, turned on
    > shortcircuit plug-in.
    > I use standard 60_shortcircuit.cf.
    > At the first time, I enabled only whitelist/blacklist rules and this works
    > great.
    > Now, due to increasing amount of spam, I decided to turn on bayes
    > shortcircuit rules.
    > Shortcircuit doc
    > (http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...rtcircuit.html)
    > says that in case of "spam" it "override the default score of this rule with
    > the score from shortcircuit_spam_score" but this was not true - plug-in does
    > not change score and it remains 3.5 which is lower than my threshold and it
    > breaks further checking and the situation gets worse than without this rule
    > - I have started receiving much more spam (with score 3.5 from bayes).
    > Ok, I have added to this file "shortcircuit_spam_score 100" and
    > "shortcircuit_ham_score 100" explicitly, but this did not help - result was
    > the same - looks like these options do not work at all.
    >
    > Ok, I think, it is possible to change bayes_99 score in appropriate file,
    > but, I think, this will not be correct.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Shortcurcuit scoring problem (3.2.5)

    On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 03:13 +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm experiencing the exact same problem with 3.2.3, y "fix" was simply
    > to manually specify the spam score:
    >
    > # adjust for high efficiency rules
    > score URIBL_BLACK 50
    > score URIBL_JP_SURBL 50
    > score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 50
    > score RAZOR2_CHECK 50
    > score BAYES_99 50
    > # short circuit high efficiency rules
    > shortcircuit URIBL_BLACK spam
    > shortcircuit URIBL_JP_SURBL spam
    > shortcircuit RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET spam
    > shortcircuit RAZOR2_CHECK spam
    > shortcircuit BAYES_99 spam

    Single rule poison-pills are FP prone. Every rule in that list *does*
    have false positives.

    guenther

    --
    char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a \x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
    main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i (c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}

  4. Re: Shortcurcuit scoring problem (3.2.5)

    Felix,
    Thank you for information.

    guenther,
    Yes, you are right, but this is not a reason for not working plug-ins and
    options.
    These options seems convenient and they are described in documentation, but
    did not work in 3.2.3 and do not work up to now.