Re: SpamAssassin slowdown - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: SpamAssassin slowdown - SpamAssassin ; Please, configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line. 72 to 76 is OK. On 09.09.08 11:49, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote: > For the past few days I have noticed SpamAssassin takes much longer to > process ...

  1. Re: SpamAssassin slowdown

    Please, configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
    72 to 76 is OK.

    On 09.09.08 11:49, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
    > For the past few days I have noticed SpamAssassin takes much longer to
    > process messages between about 10:00am and 1:00pm EDT. It doesn't appear
    > to be a memory problem or a problem with our DNS server. To try to figure
    > it out, I got a message which took 58 seconds to process and ran it
    > through "spamassassin -D", taking note of where the output paused for a
    > long time. The results are shown below. Can anybody tell me what
    > SpamAssassin is doing at that point? It says "compiled body tests", but
    > we are not running a compiled configuration.

    does processing of the same message take shorter time at e.g. 4.00pm of your
    time?

    Usually the slowdown can be caused by network tests (blacklists, razor,
    pyzor, dcc) timing out. However if the problem is only between given time,
    search for a problem on your machine/network.

    One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them

  2. Re: SpamAssassin slowdown

    Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
    > Please, configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
    > 72 to 76 is OK.
    >
    > On 09.09.08 11:49, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
    >> For the past few days I have noticed SpamAssassin takes much longer to
    >> process messages between about 10:00am and 1:00pm EDT. It doesn't appear
    >> to be a memory problem or a problem with our DNS server. To try to figure
    >> it out, I got a message which took 58 seconds to process and ran it
    >> through "spamassassin -D", taking note of where the output paused for a
    >> long time. The results are shown below. Can anybody tell me what
    >> SpamAssassin is doing at that point? It says "compiled body tests", but
    >> we are not running a compiled configuration.

    > does processing of the same message take shorter time at e.g. 4.00pm of your
    > time?
    >
    > Usually the slowdown can be caused by network tests (blacklists, razor,
    > pyzor, dcc) timing out. However if the problem is only between given time,
    > search for a problem on your machine/network.

    maybe some intensive cron tasks (large data transfers in the network)...

+ Reply to Thread