Segmentation Fault - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Segmentation Fault - SpamAssassin ; I am currently running SA 3.2.4 on perl 5.8.8, and want to upgrade perl to 5.10.0 After compiling perl 5.10.0 from source, and regenerating SA 3.2.4 using the newly compiled perl binary, satisfying all Required Module dependencies, I get a ...

  1. Segmentation Fault

    I am currently running SA 3.2.4 on perl 5.8.8, and want to upgrade perl
    to 5.10.0

    After compiling perl 5.10.0 from source, and regenerating SA 3.2.4 using
    the newly compiled perl binary, satisfying all Required Module
    dependencies, I get a segmentation fault when trying to load compiled regex:

    # /usr/local/bin/spamassassin --lint --debug
    [29188] dbg: zoom: loading compiled ruleset from
    /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002004
    Segmentation fault
    #

    Are these perl version specific? I want to know this since I have spamd
    running with the compiled rulesets, and don't want to mess up my current
    config. If the compiled rulesets are perl specific, then I can go ahead
    and recompile and restart spamd, otherwise, I think I found a bug, since
    if there is a version mismatch, spamassassin should be able to detect
    this, and in this case, go on without the compiled rulesets.

    --
    Jorge Valdes
    Intercom El Salvador

  2. Re: Segmentation Fault

    > I am currently running SA 3.2.4 on perl 5.8.8, and want to upgrade perl
    > to 5.10.0

    SA 3.2.5 adds in the perl version in order to fix this issue, because, yes,
    it is perl specific.

    Try upgrading to SA 3.2.5 with perl 5.8.8 (since you know 3.2.4 and 5.8.8
    works). Test it a few days, then upgrade to perl 5.10.0 (if you must)

    --
    Michael Scheidell, CTO
    >|SECNAP Network Security

    Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
    FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com