How to get mails from local domain through spamassassin - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on How to get mails from local domain through spamassassin - SpamAssassin ; Hello All, If i add my domain to the whitelist, i start getting spam mails from my address and when i remove white listing genuine mails from my local domain are coming with spam tag. I already checked with sa-learn. ...

  1. How to get mails from local domain through spamassassin

    Hello All,

    If i add my domain to the whitelist, i start getting spam mails from my
    address and when i remove white listing genuine mails from my local
    domain are coming with spam tag.

    I already checked with sa-learn.

    Thanks
    Nitin Bhadauria

  2. Re: How to get mails from local domain through spamassassin

    Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >

    > If i add my domain to the whitelist, i start getting spam mails from my
    > address

    don't whitelist your domain in SA. This has probably polluted your AWL
    and Bayes...

    > and when i remove white listing genuine mails from my local
    > domain are coming with spam tag.
    >
    > I already checked with sa-learn.

    The simplest solution is not to pass local mail to SA. How to do this
    depends on how you pass mail to SA and which MTA you use.

  3. Re: How to get mails from local domain through spamassassin

    mouss-2 wrote:

    > Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    >> Hello All,
    >>

    >> If i add my domain to the whitelist, i start getting spam mails from my
    >> address

    > don't whitelist your domain in SA. This has probably polluted your AWL
    > and Bayes...
    >
    >> and when i remove white listing genuine mails from my local
    >> domain are coming with spam tag.
    >>
    >> I already checked with sa-learn.
    >>

    > The simplest solution is not to pass local mail to SA. How to do this
    > depends on how you pass mail to SA and which MTA you use.

    I have what sounds like the same problem. I have white-listed my own domain
    because most of the email occurs from and to the same domain, but any spam
    coming through that uses our domain in the reply-to gets through.

    I've considered keeping the white-listing but lowering the -100 score to -5
    instead, but what you suggest would make more sense.

    I have SA running with qmail on Plesk. My .qmail files start with: |
    /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc accept
    What could I change this to, or add before it to only run SA on mail that
    did not originate from my server?

    Thank you!

  4. Re: How to get mails from local domain through spamassassin

    mouss wrote:
    > Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    >> Hello All,
    >>

    >> If i add my domain to the whitelist, i start getting spam mails from
    >> my address

    > don't whitelist your domain in SA. This has probably polluted your AWL
    > and Bayes...
    >
    >> and when i remove white listing genuine mails from my local domain
    >> are coming with spam tag.
    >>
    >> I already checked with sa-learn.
    >>

    > The simplest solution is not to pass local mail to SA. How to do this
    > depends on how you pass mail to SA and which MTA you use.

    I am using postfix and i did have an option to bypass my network but the
    problem is that when people use mail client mail goes with there own ip.

    Thanks for your reply..
    Nitin Bhadauria

  5. Re: How to get mails from local domain through spamassassin

    Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    > mouss wrote:
    >> Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    >>> Hello All,
    >>>

    >>> If i add my domain to the whitelist, i start getting spam mails from
    >>> my address

    >> don't whitelist your domain in SA. This has probably polluted your AWL
    >> and Bayes...
    >>
    >>> and when i remove white listing genuine mails from my local domain
    >>> are coming with spam tag.
    >>>
    >>> I already checked with sa-learn.
    >>>

    >> The simplest solution is not to pass local mail to SA. How to do this
    >> depends on how you pass mail to SA and which MTA you use.

    > I am using postfix and i did have an option to bypass my network but the
    > problem is that when people use mail client mail goes with there own ip.

    don't bypass postfix. only bypass SA.
    http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/bypassing.html

+ Reply to Thread