user rules not being cleared out before the next user comes along - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on user rules not being cleared out before the next user comes along - SpamAssassin ; All, I'm using spamd and I allow per-user rules. I've noticed that the user rules are being kept although the user changes. I'm currently using spamassassin 3.1.7, and I was just wondering if this behaviour might already have been fixed ...

  1. user rules not being cleared out before the next user comes along

    All,

    I'm using spamd and I allow per-user rules. I've noticed that the user
    rules are being kept although the user changes.

    I'm currently using spamassassin 3.1.7, and I was just wondering if this
    behaviour might already have been fixed in a later version?

    /Per Jessen, Zürich

  2. Re: user rules not being cleared out before the next user comes along

    On 07/09/2008 4:48 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I'm using spamd and I allow per-user rules. I've noticed that the user
    > rules are being kept although the user changes.
    >
    > I'm currently using spamassassin 3.1.7, and I was just wondering if this
    > behaviour might already have been fixed in a later version?

    There was a bug about this open, from years ago, that I can no longer
    find as an open bug, so I think it was fixed sometime in 3.2.

    Daryl

  3. Re: user rules not being cleared out before the next user comes along

    Per Jessen wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I'm using spamd and I allow per-user rules. I've noticed that the user
    > rules are being kept although the user changes.
    >
    > I'm currently using spamassassin 3.1.7, and I was just wondering if this
    > behaviour might already have been fixed in a later version?

    Is this the issue affecting you?

    https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssass...ug.cgi?id=4179

  4. Re: user rules not being cleared out before the next user comes along

    Matt Kettler wrote:

    > Per Jessen wrote:
    >> All,
    >>
    >> I'm using spamd and I allow per-user rules. I've noticed that the
    >> user rules are being kept although the user changes.
    >>
    >> I'm currently using spamassassin 3.1.7, and I was just wondering if
    >> this behaviour might already have been fixed in a later version?
    >>

    > Is this the issue affecting you?
    >
    > https://issues.apache.org/SpamAssass...ug.cgi?id=4179

    Yep, sounds very much like it. Thanks for digging that out for me.
    Looks like we're due for an upgrade.

    /Per Jessen, Zürich

+ Reply to Thread