OT: Ongoing phishing mail flood - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on OT: Ongoing phishing mail flood - SpamAssassin ; We are currently receiving lots of password phishing mails with envelope sender and From: header loudonarc@charterinternet.com and Reply-To: webITService@live.com . The connecting mail servers que41.charter.net[209.225.8.24] que51.charter.net[209.225.8.25] do apparently *not* stop re-connecting after receiving REJECT (554) errors, but keep coming back ...

  1. OT: Ongoing phishing mail flood

    We are currently receiving lots of password phishing mails with envelope
    sender and From: header
    loudonarc@charterinternet.com and Reply-To:
    webITService@live.com.

    The connecting mail servers
    que41.charter.net[209.225.8.24]
    que51.charter.net[209.225.8.25]

    do apparently *not* stop re-connecting after receiving REJECT (554)
    errors, but keep coming back with the same sender-recipient pairs.

    Regards,

    wolfgang

  2. Re: OT: Ongoing phishing mail flood

    On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 18:56 +0200, Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:
    > We are currently receiving lots of password phishing mails with envelope
    > sender and From: header
    > loudonarc@charterinternet.com and Reply-To:
    > webITService@live.com.
    >
    > The connecting mail servers
    > que41.charter.net[209.225.8.24]
    > que51.charter.net[209.225.8.25]
    >
    > do apparently *not* stop re-connecting after receiving REJECT (554)
    > errors, but keep coming back with the same sender-recipient pairs.

    Yup. That's why I send a 250 - SPAM - discarded. That way, the
    spammers think they have delivered the mail, and go on to the next
    victim....

    --
    Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
    Austin Energy

  3. RE: OT: Ongoing phishing mail flood

    > Yup. That's why I send a 250 - SPAM - discarded. That way, the
    > spammers think they have delivered the mail, and go on to the next
    > victim....
    > --
    > Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
    > Austin Energy

    Dan

    Using which server software?

    Are you /dev/null or reject while sending an accept message?

    - rh

  4. Re: OT: Ongoing phishing mail flood

+ Reply to Thread