Bayesian Test Oddities - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Bayesian Test Oddities - SpamAssassin ; I recently did a --force-expire on my bayesian database as I was getting some false positives with it and the information it in was getting to be over a year old. Since then, when automatically scanning, bayesian tests are not ...

  1. Bayesian Test Oddities

    I recently did a --force-expire on my bayesian database as I was getting
    some false positives with it and the information it in was getting to be
    over a year old. Since then, when automatically scanning, bayesian
    tests are not being run. This can be seen in the headers of each of my
    inbound emails. I took one of the messages that SpamAssassin did not
    tag as SPAM and ran it through manually (spamassassin -D < emailfile)
    and bayesian tests were run, marking the message as high spam.

    Any ideas why the test is running when I manually scan a message, but
    not automatically as it was doing prior to the --force-expire?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Bayesian Test Oddities

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Bill Gunty wrote:

    > I recently did a --force-expire on my bayesian database as I was getting some
    > false positives with it and the information it in was getting to be over a
    > year old. Since then, when automatically scanning, bayesian tests are not
    > being run. This can be seen in the headers of each of my inbound emails. I
    > took one of the messages that SpamAssassin did not tag as SPAM and ran it
    > through manually (spamassassin -D < emailfile) and bayesian tests were run,
    > marking the message as high spam.
    >
    > Any ideas why the test is running when I manually scan a message, but not
    > automatically as it was doing prior to the --force-expire?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Perhaps the automated scan is running under a different user than when you
    did a manual scan.

    It's common.

    -d

+ Reply to Thread