user_pref for virtual mails - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on user_pref for virtual mails - SpamAssassin ; Hello. I use spamassassin on my Postfix/Dovecot mail server. Mailboxes are in /var/www/mail/vmail/domain.tld/user Is there a possibility to have a user_prefs for each mailbox? I don't see a similar option in http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ht=(user_prefs ) or here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...hes/3.2/README Thanks for your informations. ...

  1. user_pref for virtual mails

    Hello.

    I use spamassassin on my Postfix/Dovecot mail server.

    Mailboxes are in /var/www/mail/vmail/domain.tld/user

    Is there a possibility to have a user_prefs for each mailbox?

    I don't see a similar option in
    http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ht=(user_prefs)
    or here:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...hes/3.2/README

    Thanks for your informations.

    Regards,

    --
    - Nicolas.

  2. Re: user_pref for virtual mails

    Nicolas Letellier schrieb:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I use spamassassin on my Postfix/Dovecot mail server.
    >
    > Mailboxes are in /var/www/mail/vmail/domain.tld/user
    >
    > Is there a possibility to have a user_prefs for each mailbox?
    >
    > I don't see a similar option in
    > http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ht=(user_prefs)
    > or here:
    > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...hes/3.2/README
    >
    > Thanks for your informations.
    >
    > Regards,

    depends if you have real users or not, if using a vmail local user
    for all mailboxes ( i.e postfixadmin setup )
    this works with spamass-milter, i ve included it
    for self user editing via squirrelmail which needs ftp server
    and a special coded spamassplugin ,

    but the best way is to use spamass milter ( postfix/sendmail ) with spamd in
    mysql rules can be added by self user out of webmail squirrelmail or horde
    same should be possible with amavis-new

    but there are many ways to work with users_prefs, depends what you want
    to goal
    --
    Best Regards

    MfG Robert Schetterer

    Germany/Munich/Bavaria

  3. Re: user_pref for virtual mails

    Le Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:06:31 +0200,
    Robert Schetterer a écrit :

    > Nicolas Letellier schrieb:
    > > Hello.
    > >
    > > I use spamassassin on my Postfix/Dovecot mail server.
    > >
    > > Mailboxes are in /var/www/mail/vmail/domain.tld/user
    > >
    > > Is there a possibility to have a user_prefs for each mailbox?
    > >
    > > I don't see a similar option in
    > > http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ht=(user_prefs)
    > > or here:
    > > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...hes/3.2/README
    > >
    > > Thanks for your informations.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >

    > depends if you have real users or not, if using a vmail local user
    > for all mailboxes ( i.e postfixadmin setup )
    > this works with spamass-milter, i ve included it
    > for self user editing via squirrelmail which needs ftp server
    > and a special coded spamassplugin ,
    >
    > but the best way is to use spamass milter ( postfix/sendmail ) with
    > spamd in mysql rules can be added by self user out of webmail
    > squirrelmail or horde same should be possible with amavis-new
    >
    > but there are many ways to work with users_prefs, depends what you
    > want to goal

    Hi Robert.

    My spamassassin runs as 'spamd'.
    All my mailboxes are virtual, and are
    in /var/mail/vmails/domain.tld/user

    My spamassin looks at /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf for
    load rules.

    Now, I would like that, when spamc scans an email, for a mail
    to toto@domain.tld, spamassin
    loads /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
    AND /var/mail/vmails/domain.tld/toto/spamassassin/users_prefs

    More precisely, I'm looking for an option to have specific rules (like
    whitelist_from, etc...) for each mailboxes.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    --
    - Nicolas.

  4. Re: user_pref for virtual mails

    Nicolas Letellier schrieb:
    > Le Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:06:31 +0200,
    > Robert Schetterer a écrit :
    >
    >> Nicolas Letellier schrieb:
    >>> Hello.
    >>>
    >>> I use spamassassin on my Postfix/Dovecot mail server.
    >>>
    >>> Mailboxes are in /var/www/mail/vmail/domain.tld/user
    >>>
    >>> Is there a possibility to have a user_prefs for each mailbox?
    >>>
    >>> I don't see a similar option in
    >>> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ht=(user_prefs)
    >>> or here:
    >>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...hes/3.2/README
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your informations.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>>

    >> depends if you have real users or not, if using a vmail local user
    >> for all mailboxes ( i.e postfixadmin setup )
    >> this works with spamass-milter, i ve included it
    >> for self user editing via squirrelmail which needs ftp server
    >> and a special coded spamassplugin ,
    >>
    >> but the best way is to use spamass milter ( postfix/sendmail ) with
    >> spamd in mysql rules can be added by self user out of webmail
    >> squirrelmail or horde same should be possible with amavis-new
    >>
    >> but there are many ways to work with users_prefs, depends what you
    >> want to goal

    > Hi Robert.
    >
    > My spamassassin runs as 'spamd'.

    thats not the point

    > All my mailboxes are virtual, and are
    > in /var/mail/vmails/domain.tld/user

    which is the local owner who delivers the mail ,
    what ist general smtp setup

    > My spamassin looks at /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf for
    > load rules.

    jep global rules, looks like self compiled

    > Now, I would like that, when spamc scans an email, for a mail
    > to toto@domain.tld, spamassin
    > loads /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
    > AND /var/mail/vmails/domain.tld/toto/spamassassin/users_prefs
    >
    > More precisely, I'm looking for an option to have specific rules (like
    > whitelist_from, etc...) for each mailboxes.

    i allready wrote this, use spamass milter with postfix/sendmail which
    can readout users_prefs via spamd ( must be configured rigthly ) out of
    local files or from mysql, if you want to give users the chance to edit
    their rules by themselfes use webmail squirrelmail or horde with
    spamassassin plugins and/or filter adds

    you should look spamassasin faqs and howtos on the web
    for other possible setups, i found spamassmilter as the best working
    but thats a question of taste used smtp software and smtp traffic amount

    --
    Best Regards

    MfG Robert Schetterer

    Germany/Munich/Bavaria

  5. Re: user_pref for virtual mails

    Nicolas Letellier wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I use spamassassin on my Postfix/Dovecot mail server.
    >
    > Mailboxes are in /var/www/mail/vmail/domain.tld/user
    >
    > Is there a possibility to have a user_prefs for each mailbox?
    >
    > I don't see a similar option in
    > http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ht=(user_prefs)
    > or here:
    > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...hes/3.2/README

    Take a look at the --virtual-config-dir option to spamd.

    Alternatively, you can have them in SQL, in which case you should read:

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...3.2/sql/README

  6. Re: user_pref for virtual mails

    I've spamassassin running successfully on my server, and am wanting to add
    user_prefs for each mailbox through the --virtual-config-dir flag. Postfix
    is set up to use virtual mailboxes through MySQL. I have this as my
    SPAMDOPTIONS:

    -d -c -m5 -H -u spamd --virtual-config-dir=/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%l -x

    It appears to be working except it's not expanding %d and %l - in the logs
    it says:

    spamd: using default config for filter: /var/mail/vhosts///user_prefs

    so it's obviously replacing %d and %l with null. Any ideas what's going
    wrong? I can't find anything in the documentation dealing with this
    happening.