Don't tag selected recipients - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Don't tag selected recipients - SpamAssassin ; Hello. I would like to know if an option is available in spamassassin. I use 3.2.5 with FreeBSD and Postfix. By default, spamassassin filers ALL emails. Is it possible to do not scan certain mails? Or to have a list ...

  1. Don't tag selected recipients

    Hello.

    I would like to know if an option is available in spamassassin. I use
    3.2.5 with FreeBSD and Postfix.

    By default, spamassassin filers ALL emails.

    Is it possible to do not scan certain mails? Or to have a list (txt,
    sql) or an option (like whitelist_from) for don't scan (or tag headers).

    I didn't find this information in the spamassassin wiki.

    Thanks for your help.

    Regards,
    --
    - Nicolas.

  2. Re: Don't tag selected recipients

    In short, not in spamassassin. Anything sent to spamassassin is scanned.
    You could use a procmail filter to bypass spamassassin, but anything
    sent to spamassassin is scored. Yes, you can whitelist to give it 100
    points or more, but it's still scanned and scored.

    Nicolas Letellier wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I would like to know if an option is available in spamassassin. I use
    > 3.2.5 with FreeBSD and Postfix.
    >
    > By default, spamassassin filers ALL emails.
    >
    > Is it possible to do not scan certain mails? Or to have a list (txt,
    > sql) or an option (like whitelist_from) for don't scan (or tag headers).
    >
    > I didn't find this information in the spamassassin wiki.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Regards,

  3. Re: Don't tag selected recipients

    Hello Evan,

    I use Postfix, directly with spamassassin. So, I must write a script,
    called in my master.cf for example?

    Regards,

    Nicolas

    --
    - Nicolas.

  4. Re: Don't tag selected recipients

    No, you'd use procmail. See either http://www.procmail.org/ or a
    I know it can do what you're looking for, I just don't know the commands
    and configuration on how to make it work for your intended use.

    Nicolas Letellier wrote:
    > Hello Evan,
    >
    > I use Postfix, directly with spamassassin. So, I must write a script,
    > called in my master.cf for example?

  5. RE: Don't tag selected recipients

    Couple of things:

    SA:
    Closest thing I have found to this has been a plugin/ruleset called
    shortcircuit which causes spamassassin to stop scanning an email if a
    particular rule is hit. The rules are configured in the .cf file of short
    circuit.

    http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...cuitingRuleset

    Postfix:

    I use this to redirect emails that have been labeled as viruses:
    http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html More importantly, note the
    comments about the content_filter

    Script sample( you will need to modify this script a lot, but it should give
    you an idea):
    #!/bin/sh
    SM="/usr/sbin/sendmail -i"

    cd /var/spool/filter
    trap "rm -f out.$$" 0 1 2 3 15
    cat | /usr/bin/spamc > out.$$
    if egrep -q "X-Spam-Flag: YES" < out.$$
    then
    if egrep -q "CLAMAV" < out.$$
    then
    $SM quarantine@example.com < out.$$
    else
    $SM "$@" < out.$$
    fi
    else
    $SM "$@" < out.$$
    fi
    exit $?

    OR use a second instance....

    The other thing I have heard of but have not deployed was the setup of a
    second postfix mail server instance that routes the mail for you.... But
    that was on a forum years ago and I cannot locate any details atm.

    Regards,

    Brent