RE: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on RE: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted - SpamAssassin ; Chris wrote: > On Tuesday 05 August 2008 8:57 am, Bowie Bailey wrote: > > > If you are using my sa-addon-stats.pl program, it defaults to > > getting information from /var/log/maillog. So the period depends > > on when ...

  1. RE: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted

    Chris wrote:
    > On Tuesday 05 August 2008 8:57 am, Bowie Bailey wrote:
    >
    > > If you are using my sa-addon-stats.pl program, it defaults to
    > > getting information from /var/log/maillog. So the period depends
    > > on when you last rotated the log file.

    > I am, and if I don't have a 'maillog' file then it must be getting
    > the info from syslog which is rotated every seven days.

    If you don't have /var/log/maillog you should get no results at all with
    the default settings. Either you do have /var/log/maillog, or you are
    specifying your log files on the command line (with the --logdir and/or
    --filename options).

    --
    Bowie

  2. Re: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted

    On Wednesday 06 August 2008 8:15 am, Bowie Bailey wrote:
    > Chris wrote:
    > > On Tuesday 05 August 2008 8:57 am, Bowie Bailey wrote:
    > > > If you are using my sa-addon-stats.pl program, it defaults to
    > > > getting information from /var/log/maillog. So the period depends
    > > > on when you last rotated the log file.

    > > I am, and if I don't have a 'maillog' file then it must be getting
    > > the info from syslog which is rotated every seven days.

    > If you don't have /var/log/maillog you should get no results at all with
    > the default settings. Either you do have /var/log/maillog, or you are
    > specifying your log files on the command line (with the --logdir and/or
    > --filename options).

    Yep you're right, I forgot I did that so long ago

    /usr/local/bin/sa-addon-stats.pl -l /var/log -f syslog | mail
    cpollock@embarqmail.com -s "SA Addon statistics"

    --
    Chris
    KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C