RE: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on RE: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted - SpamAssassin ; Chris wrote: > On Tuesday 05 August 2008 2:06 am, Dirk Bonengel wrote: > > > > > > Hi Dirk, I've been using it on my home system probably ever since > > > you made it available. Below ...

  1. RE: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted

    Chris wrote:
    > On Tuesday 05 August 2008 2:06 am, Dirk Bonengel wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi Dirk, I've been using it on my home system probably ever since
    > > > you made it available. Below are hit stats from yesterday:
    > > >
    > > > Total: 279
    > > > Ham: 122
    > > > Spam: 157
    > > >
    > > > iXhash.cf:
    > > > Rule Name Score Ham Spam %of
    > > > Ham %of Spam

    > > > LOGINHASH 4.50 30 62
    > > > 24.59% 39.49%
    > > > LOGINHASH2 2.50 30 61
    > > > 24.59% 38.85%
    > > > IXHASH 2.50 31 66
    > > > 25.41% 42.04%

    > > > OVERALL 31 66
    > > > 25.41% 42.04%
    > > >
    > > > Though it does hit ham, I don't remember ever seeing any FP's
    > > > because of it. I'd say expand it, though again, this is just
    > > > running on a home system

    > > Chris,
    > >
    > > from my experience there must be something wrong with your setup.
    > > From the feedback I got thus far the plugin is quite accurate where
    > > FPs are concerned. Thus the relatively high scores I set in the
    > > default config. I'd recommend having a look at your DNS setup -
    > > maybe your provider returns false results. Using OpenDNS e.g. has
    > > caused such high FP rates in the past. Let me know if I can help.
    > >
    > > Dirk

    > Dirk, using the sa-addon's script for these stats I'm not sure how
    > many days back the count above is from. For instance the stats were
    > drawn last night from this count:
    >
    > Ham: 132
    > Spam: 158
    >
    > Yesterday my message count was as below:
    >
    > Spam: 19
    > Ham: 13
    >
    > So it's possible this could be over a 10 day period, I'm not really
    > sure. However, when I get home from work today I will look and see
    > what kind of ham is being hit by it. Up until a few days ago I was
    > just using a locally cached nameserver, however I've switched to
    > OpenDNS since last Sunday. I'll give my ISP's nameserver a try and
    > see what happens.

    If you are using my sa-addon-stats.pl program, it defaults to getting
    information from /var/log/maillog. So the period depends on when you
    last rotated the log file.

    --
    Bowie

  2. Re: iXhash plugin and lists - feedback wanted

    On Tuesday 05 August 2008 8:57 am, Bowie Bailey wrote:

    > If you are using my sa-addon-stats.pl program, it defaults to getting
    > information from /var/log/maillog. So the period depends on when you
    > last rotated the log file.

    I am, and if I don't have a 'maillog' file then it must be getting the info
    from syslog which is rotated every seven days.

    --
    Chris
    KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

+ Reply to Thread