Sa-update failures? Yerp AND kluge Offline? DOS? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Sa-update failures? Yerp AND kluge Offline? DOS? - SpamAssassin ; Didn't think too much of seeing this in every SA box log last night, just thought maybe yerp.org offline. Running 350.sa-update http: request failed: 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid argument): 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid argument) ...

  1. Sa-update failures? Yerp AND kluge Offline? DOS?

    Didn't think too much of seeing this in every SA box log last night, just
    thought maybe yerp.org offline.
    Running 350.sa-update
    http: request failed: 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid
    argument): 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid argument)
    channel: could not find working mirror, channel failed
    http: request failed: 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid
    argument): 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid argument)
    Tested it, yep, off line:
    telnet yerp.org 80
    Trying 72.232.31.42...
    telnet: connect to address 72.232.31.42: Connection refused
    telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

    But, then saw this in a couple of them and thought this was too weird.
    Concentrated DOS attack against the saupdate channel servers?

    http: request failed: 500 Can't connect to spamassassin.kluge.net:80
    (connect: timeout): 500 Can't connect to spamassassin.kluge.net:80 (connect:
    timeout)

    While looking up information on taint.org, got it offline also.
    (well, its the same box
    telnet taint.org 80
    Trying 72.232.31.42...
    telnet: connect to address 72.232.31.42: Connection refused
    telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

    Looks fine now, and sa-update -D doesn't show any missing updates available.

    --
    Michael Scheidell, CTO
    >|SECNAP Network Security

    Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
    FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com

  2. Re: Sa-update failures? Yerp AND kluge Offline? DOS?

    There was a message recently posted saying that Yerp was being taken
    offline for a server move.

    Rob

    Michael Scheidell wrote:
    > Didn't think too much of seeing this in every SA box log last night, just
    > thought maybe yerp.org offline.
    > Running 350.sa-update
    > http: request failed: 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid
    > argument): 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid argument)
    > channel: could not find working mirror, channel failed
    > http: request failed: 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid
    > argument): 500 Can't connect to yerp.org:80 (connect: Invalid argument)
    > Tested it, yep, off line:
    > telnet yerp.org 80
    > Trying 72.232.31.42...
    > telnet: connect to address 72.232.31.42: Connection refused
    > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
    >
    > But, then saw this in a couple of them and thought this was too weird.
    > Concentrated DOS attack against the saupdate channel servers?
    >
    > http: request failed: 500 Can't connect to spamassassin.kluge.net:80
    > (connect: timeout): 500 Can't connect to spamassassin.kluge.net:80 (connect:
    > timeout)
    >
    > While looking up information on taint.org, got it offline also.
    > (well, its the same box
    > telnet taint.org 80
    > Trying 72.232.31.42...
    > telnet: connect to address 72.232.31.42: Connection refused
    > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
    >
    > Looks fine now, and sa-update -D doesn't show any missing updates available.

  3. Re: Sa-update failures? Yerp AND kluge Offline? DOS?

    I don't know of any connectivity issues w/ the kluge.net server.
    There were some ISP issues last month that took it offline for a day or
    so, but nothing in the last couple of days.

    --
    Randomly Selected Tagline:
    How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi i done" in a GUI?

+ Reply to Thread