Subject line still getting changed - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Subject line still getting changed - SpamAssassin ; Evening all, I have an email account on a shared server at Hostgator. I have configured SpamAssassin via their Cpanel interface not to rewrite the subject line when flagging an item as spam. However, this flagging still seems to be ...

  1. Subject line still getting changed

    Evening all,

    I have an email account on a shared server at Hostgator. I have
    configured SpamAssassin via their Cpanel interface not to rewrite the
    subject line when flagging an item as spam. However, this flagging still
    seems to be happening.

    All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
    subject line.

    I have manually overridden report_safe to 0.

    Can someone please tell me what other directives control the subject
    line rewriting?

    X-Spam-Checker-Version says version=3.3.0-r613124 , however, that seems
    like a newer version that currently available on the SA website!?!?

    Rob

  2. Re: Subject line still getting changed

    On 02.08.08 23:31, Rob Sharp wrote:
    > I have an email account on a shared server at Hostgator. I have
    > configured SpamAssassin via their Cpanel interface not to rewrite the
    > subject line when flagging an item as spam. However, this flagging still
    > seems to be happening.
    >
    > All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
    > subject line.

    there's header rewriting set up somwehere.

    > I have manually overridden report_safe to 0.

    That's a different parameter.

    > Can someone please tell me what other directives control the subject
    > line rewriting?

    search config files (system and user's) for rewrite_header option.

    > X-Spam-Checker-Version says version=3.3.0-r613124 , however, that seems
    > like a newer version that currently available on the SA website!?!?

    a beta probably...
    REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.

  3. Re: Subject line still getting changed

    Thanks for the reply.

    Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

    >> All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
    >> subject line.

    > there's header rewriting set up somwehere.

    My Host just told me to add "rewrite_subject 0" into my user_prefs. I
    think they actually mean rewrite_header. I've just added it, and now
    need to wait for a spammy message to arrive to give it a test.

    >> I have manually overridden report_safe to 0.

    > That's a different parameter.

    I thought I'd mention it since it was the only thing I had changed
    from the default and didnt know if it had any bearing.

    Rob

  4. Re: Subject line still getting changed

    On 04.08.08 11:47, Rob Sharp wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
    >
    > >>All messages that SA determines as spammy has [SPAM] prefixed to the
    > >>subject line.

    > >there's header rewriting set up somwehere.

    > My Host just told me to add "rewrite_subject 0" into my user_prefs. I
    > think they actually mean rewrite_header. I've just added it, and now
    > need to wait for a spammy message to arrive to give it a test.

    rewrite_subject was an option in 2.x I think.

    see Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf for rewrite_header options

    Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.

+ Reply to Thread