Warning: using insecure memory! - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Warning: using insecure memory! - SpamAssassin ; Hi, In my root cron job each night i run this script, export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin /usr/local/bin/sa-update /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd restart but tonight i got a status saying Warning: using insecure memory! Stopping spamd. Waiting for PIDS: 66165, 66165, 66165. Starting spamd. I have ...

  1. Warning: using insecure memory!

    Hi,

    In my root cron job each night i run this script,

    export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
    /usr/local/bin/sa-update
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd restart

    but tonight i got a status saying

    Warning: using insecure memory!
    Stopping spamd.
    Waiting for PIDS: 66165, 66165, 66165.
    Starting spamd.

    I have googled the warning and seeing that others have the same error, but
    i cant seem to find the solution?

    I run FreeBSD and postfix.

    Thanks a thousand times!

    Ebbe, Denmark

  2. Re: Warning: using insecure memory!

    Ebbe Hjorth wrote:

    > In my root cron job each night i run this script,
    >
    > export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
    > /usr/local/bin/sa-update
    > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd restart
    >
    > but tonight i got a status saying
    >
    > Warning: using insecure memory!
    > Stopping spamd.
    > Waiting for PIDS: 66165, 66165, 66165.
    > Starting spamd.
    >
    > I have googled the warning and seeing that others have the same error, but
    > i cant seem to find the solution?

    The message comes from gpg, which is used by sa-update.

    You can configure gpg not to show that message, you can build it to use
    only secure memory (if available on the operating system you are using),
    or you can ignore the message since it's not important.

    The configuration is in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf (where ~ is for the user that
    runs sa-update), the option is no-secmem-warning.
    --
    René Berber

+ Reply to Thread