RE: newbie bayes_path question - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on RE: newbie bayes_path question - SpamAssassin ; > Ebbe Hjorth wrote: >> I tried to find out howto use bayes_path on a mailserver with only virtual users? >> >> I searched my drive for "bayes" as the standard folder should be named in the /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin folder but ...

  1. RE: newbie bayes_path question

    > Ebbe Hjorth wrote:
    >> I tried to find out howto use bayes_path on a mailserver with only

    virtual users?

    >> I searched my drive for "bayes" as the standard folder should be named

    in the /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin folder but nothing there.

    >> Do i just put bayes_path=/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/ in the

    local.cf and spamassassin takes care of the rest? I just seems to easy

    > You're almost there. You just made one common mistake.

    Nice to know that it is a common mistake :P

    > The bayes_path is not a directory. It's a path and a filename stub. Try

    this:

    > bayes_path=/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes
    >
    > You will need to create the /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/

    directory and then SA will create the bayes* files.

    > Remember to restart spamd after making config changes.

    I have created the directory, restartet sa-spamd, run sa-update, but the
    /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/ directory is empty?

    My local.cf looks like this now (without =)

    trusted_networks X
    internal_networks X
    bayes_path /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes
    bayes_file_mode 0770
    dns_available yes
    razor_config /var/spool/spamd/.razor/razor-agent.conf
    add_header all DCC _DCCB_ _DCCR_
    add_header ham SCL 1
    add_header spam SCL 9
    rewrite_header Subject ***SPAM***

  2. Re: newbie bayes_path question

    Ebbe Hjorth wrote:
    >> Ebbe Hjorth wrote:
    >>> I tried to find out howto use bayes_path on a mailserver with only

    > virtual users?
    >>> I searched my drive for "bayes" as the standard folder should be named

    > in the /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin folder but nothing there.
    >>> Do i just put bayes_path=/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/ in the

    > local.cf and spamassassin takes care of the rest? I just seems to easy
    >
    >> You're almost there. You just made one common mistake.
    >>

    > Nice to know that it is a common mistake :P
    >
    >> The bayes_path is not a directory. It's a path and a filename stub. Try

    > this:
    >> bayes_path=/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes
    >>
    >> You will need to create the /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/

    > directory and then SA will create the bayes* files.
    >> Remember to restart spamd after making config changes.
    >>

    > I have created the directory, restartet sa-spamd, run sa-update, but the
    > /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/ directory is empty?

    the process that runs SA must be able to write there.

    > My local.cf looks like this now (without =)
    >
    > trusted_networks X
    > internal_networks X
    > bayes_path /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes
    > bayes_file_mode 0770
    > dns_available yes
    > razor_config /var/spool/spamd/.razor/razor-agent.conf
    > add_header all DCC _DCCB_ _DCCR_
    > add_header ham SCL 1
    > add_header spam SCL 9
    > rewrite_header Subject ***SPAM***