sa-learn - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on sa-learn - SpamAssassin ; Hi All, I'm new to spamassassin and I had a little question about sa-learn. I checked the documentation, but i didn't understand one point fully. When running sa-learn on a message from one user - does this learn for the ...

  1. sa-learn

    Hi All,

    I'm new to spamassassin and I had a little question about sa-learn. I
    checked the documentation, but i didn't understand one point fully.

    When running sa-learn on a message from one user - does this learn for
    the system wide spamassassin database or does it just affect spam that
    goes to the user which ran sa-learn in the first place...

    Thanks in advance!
    --

    Best Regards,

    Ivan Levchenko
    levchenko.i@gmail.com

  2. Re: sa-learn

    On 29.07.08 12:19, Ivan Levchenko wrote:
    > I'm new to spamassassin and I had a little question about sa-learn. I
    > checked the documentation, but i didn't understand one point fully.
    >
    > When running sa-learn on a message from one user - does this learn for
    > the system wide spamassassin database or does it just affect spam that
    > goes to the user which ran sa-learn in the first place...

    it uses settings of current user, the HOME variable, to read user_prefs file
    (if it exists). Then, it opens bayes database, either in configured path or
    default one, if it's not set. See perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

    Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread