Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails - SpamAssassin ; here i am attaching file with some mails .............. > Nitin Bhadauria wrote: >> Hello frnds >> >> can we stop these kinda mails which are coming repeatedly ....... > > > find the cat who ate the Received headers ...

  1. Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    here i am attaching file with some mails ..............

    > Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    >> Hello frnds
    >>
    >> can we stop these kinda mails which are coming repeatedly .......

    > find the cat who ate the Received headers and tell him to send us the

    _full_ headers (yes, i'll send "him" my mouse, 3 buttons, wheel, but no
    tail .

  2. Re: [SPAM]Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    I just blacklisted you. stop what you are doing.
    you need professional help. read the faq's, read the man pages.

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com

  3. Re: [SPAM]Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    Michael Scheidell wrote:
    > I just blacklisted you. stop what you are doing.

    Eh? What did Nitin do that's so wrong? It's perfectly ordinary to expect
    folks to post spam samples here. You asked for full headers, and got them.

    Admittedly they've been mozillified, but...

    > you need professional help.

    Hmm, what about help from members of the SpamAssassin PMC.. do we count
    as "professional"?

    Nitin, I see a few things you should look at:

    1) One of the examples got by because of your "whitelist_from
    *@sarai.net" statement. I think you've already fixed that per our
    previous discussions, so it should no longer be an issue. If you still
    have it, remove it.

    2) have you considered training and using bayes (see also: man
    sa-learn). A well trained bayes is really a very good way to deal with
    repeated emails that are very similar to each other.

    3) do you use sa-update? You should run this every once in a while to
    pull rule updates.

    4) you might want to consider adding a select few rulesets from SARE. I
    would suggest the fraud one. It's a little stale, but can still be
    effective against some fraud emails.

    http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#fraud

  4. Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    Nitin Bhadauria wrote:

    > here i am attaching file with some mails ..............

    [...]

    The attachment was caught by ClamAV sanesecurity signature; consider
    deploying that in front of SA.

    --
    Sahil Tandon

  5. Re: [SPAM]Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    Hello Sir,

    Thanks for the support and thanks for the list my spams are now reduced..

    > Michael Scheidell wrote:
    >> I just blacklisted you. stop what you are doing.

    > Eh? What did Nitin do that's so wrong? It's perfectly ordinary to expect
    > folks to post spam samples here. You asked for full headers, and got them.
    >
    > Admittedly they've been mozillified, but...
    >
    >> you need professional help.

    > Hmm, what about help from members of the SpamAssassin PMC.. do we count
    > as "professional"?
    >
    > Nitin, I see a few things you should look at:
    >
    > 1) One of the examples got by because of your "whitelist_from
    > *@sarai.net" statement. I think you've already fixed that per our
    > previous discussions, so it should no longer be an issue. If you still
    > have it, remove it.

    Yes sir i remove it now i am afraid of gating mails from the sarai.net in
    the spam because my user are use mail client and sent there mail from
    dynamic ip and etc. So i am trying to allowing our mail to come through
    spaamassassin. as i reduce the score of RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL from 6 to 3 is
    it ok.

    > 2) have you considered training and using bayes (see also: man
    > sa-learn). A well trained bayes is really a very good way to deal with
    > repeated emails that are very similar to each other.
    >
    > 3) do you use sa-update? You should run this every once in a while to
    > pull rule updates.
    >
    > 4) you might want to consider adding a select few rulesets from SARE. I
    > would suggest the fraud one. It's a little stale, but can still be
    > effective against some fraud emails.
    >
    > http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#fraud

+ Reply to Thread