please remove amazon.com from def_whitelist_from_spf - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on please remove amazon.com from def_whitelist_from_spf - SpamAssassin ; amazon.com has a decade long history of spamming and should not be in the def_whitelist_from_spf or dnswl. they have a history of rfc abuse (the bounce emails to abuse@, with 'if you wish to report fraud or phish, go to ...

  1. please remove amazon.com from def_whitelist_from_spf

    amazon.com has a decade long history of spamming and should not be in
    the def_whitelist_from_spf or dnswl.

    they have a history of rfc abuse (the bounce emails to abuse@, with 'if
    you wish to report fraud or phish, go to this url, jump though these
    hoops), or just bounce their abuse@ address due to a full mail box. (if
    they didn't spam, their abuse box would not be so full)

    their emails don't have any way to remove yourself, no full physical
    address, and use an unattended email address to send from.

    email to abuse@ gets this insult:

    Greetings from Amazon.com.

    You've written to an e-mail address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

    If you wish to report a suspected spoofed e-mail or phishing attempt, please visit:
    http://www.amazon.com/phish

    If you wish to change your e-mail subscription preferences, please visit:

    If you have privacy concerns, you can view our Privacy Policy here:
    http://www.amazon.com/help/privacy

    If you need to contact Amazon Customer Service, please visit our Help pages at the address below and click the "Contact Us" button:
    http://www.amazon.com/help

    they violate federal can spam laws:
    no removes, no full physical address in spam, sending from unattended
    email box.

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com

  2. Re: please remove amazon.com from def_whitelist_from_spf

    Am 2008-07-24 04:54:58, schrieb Michael Scheidell:
    > amazon.com has a decade long history of spamming and should not be in
    > the def_whitelist_from_spf or dnswl.
    >
    > they have a history of rfc abuse (the bounce emails to abuse@, with 'if
    > you wish to report fraud or phish, go to this url, jump though these
    > hoops), or just bounce their abuse@ address due to a full mail box. (if
    > they didn't spam, their abuse box would not be so full)

    Better way (I used it on ) is to collect all E-Mails of
    Amazon Employees and services and whenever a abuse-bounce come in,
    forward it to ALL addresses at the same time.

    UOL was spaming MANY Debian mailinglistst and after 6 of 7 listusers
    have used my advice the UOL problem was gone... (we have send nearly
    300.000 messages in 2 days to UOL)

    Currently I am hit by several 10.000 "mailer-daemon" and "postmaster"
    per day and since it is holiday... :-D

    I have time to collect E-Mails...

    > If you wish to report a suspected spoofed e-mail or phishing attempt,
    > please visit:
    > http://www.amazon.com/phish

    Nice, specialy if you have no Webaccess but EMail... (I am on GSM)

    > they violate federal can spam laws:
    > no removes, no full physical address in spam, sending from unattended
    > email box.

    Sue them?

    Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

    Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
    +49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

  3. Re: please remove amazon.com from def_whitelist_from_spf

    Michelle Konzack wrote:
    > Am 2008-07-24 04:54:58, schrieb Michael Scheidell:
    >> amazon.com has a decade long history of spamming and should not be in
    >> the def_whitelist_from_spf or dnswl.
    >>
    >> they have a history of rfc abuse (the bounce emails to abuse@, with 'if
    >> you wish to report fraud or phish, go to this url, jump though these
    >> hoops), or just bounce their abuse@ address due to a full mail box. (if
    >> they didn't spam, their abuse box would not be so full)

    > Better way (I used it on ) is to collect all E-Mails of
    > Amazon Employees and services and whenever a abuse-bounce come in,
    > forward it to ALL addresses at the same time.

    forget it. As usual, Michael was in a bad mood. He provided no evidence
    for his accusations...

    > UOL was spaming MANY Debian mailinglistst and after 6 of 7 listusers
    > have used my advice the UOL problem was gone... (we have send nearly
    > 300.000 messages in 2 days to UOL)
    >
    > Currently I am hit by several 10.000 "mailer-daemon" and "postmaster"
    > per day and since it is holiday... :-D

    out of curiosity, what is the ratio from "large PSs"?

    > I have time to collect E-Mails...

    vive les vacances

    >> If you wish to report a suspected spoofed e-mail or phishing attempt,
    >> please visit:
    >> http://www.amazon.com/phish

    > Nice, specialy if you have no Webaccess but EMail... (I am on GSM)
    >
    >> they violate federal can spam laws:

    federal can what? kezako? sarkozi

    >> no removes, no full physical address in spam, sending from unattended
    >> email box.

    > Sue them?

    exactly!

+ Reply to Thread