Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails - SpamAssassin ; Thanks for that i did add this rule in local.cf can you tell me what it will do......... > >> From: Nitin Bhadauria >> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:02:13 +0530 (IST) >> To: >> Subject: How to configure spamassassin ...

  1. Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    Thanks for that i did add this rule in local.cf can you tell me what it
    will do.........

    >> From: Nitin Bhadauria
    >> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:02:13 +0530 (IST)
    >> Subject: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails
    >>
    >> RCVD_IN_NJABL_SPAM

    > In local.cf
    >
    > score RCVD_IN_NJABL_SPAM 15.0
    >
    > Restart/recomple spamd.
    > --
    > Michael Scheidell, CTO
    >>|SECNAP Network Security

    > Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
    > FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer
    >
    > __________________________________________________ _______________________
    > This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r).
    > For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com
    > __________________________________________________ _______________________

  2. Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    >> score RCVD_IN_NJABL_SPAM 15.0

    > Thanks for that i did add this rule in local.cf can you tell me what it
    > will do.........

    It will add 15 points (instead of the 2.072 points in the default
    ruleset) to any messages which are received by a relay in the NJABL
    blacklist, ensuring that they are pretty much guaranteed to be
    considered as spam.

    I would recommend against raising this score - like any blacklist, and
    indeed any rule, false positives can occur. Checking through my logs, I
    see FPs on that rule from genuine opt-in mail from Real Networks, for
    example.

    John.

    --
    -- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
    -- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr

  3. Re: How to configure spamassassin to stop unwanted mails

    You need professional help if you don't know that.

    For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com