WrongMX from amavisd-new? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on WrongMX from amavisd-new? - SpamAssassin ; I installed WrongMX.pm today, on my secondary MX, but it does not appear to be firing. A spamassassin -D --lint does show the module to be loaded, and the module shows up in my amavisd-new logs: Jul 23 13:33:56 foo ...

  1. WrongMX from amavisd-new?

    I installed WrongMX.pm today, on my secondary MX, but it does not appear
    to be firing. A spamassassin -D --lint does show the module to be
    loaded, and the module shows up in my amavisd-new logs:

    Jul 23 13:33:56 foo amavis[17285]: (17285-01) extra modules
    loaded: /etc/mail/spamassassin/Botnet.pm, /etc/mail/spamassassin/FreeMail.pm,
    /etc/mail/spamassassin/RelayCountry.pm, /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i386-linux/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix,
    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/WrongMX.pm,
    Mail/SpamAssassin/CompiledRegexps/body_0.pm,
    Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/PDFInfo.pm, Regexp/Assemble.pm, Storable.pm

    Amavisd-new adds a received header from localhost - would that be
    confusing the WrongMX.pm plugin? I tried to use-the-source to figure
    out what it was doing, but got lost...

    --
    Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
    Austin Energy

  2. Re: WrongMX from amavisd-new?

    Dan,

    > I installed WrongMX.pm today, on my secondary MX, but it does not appear
    > to be firing. A spamassassin -D --lint does show the module to be
    > loaded, and the module shows up in my amavisd-new logs:
    >
    > Jul 23 13:33:56 foo amavis[17285]: (17285-01) extra modules
    > loaded: /etc/mail/spamassassin/Botnet.pm,
    > /etc/mail/spamassassin/FreeMail.pm, /etc/mail/spamassassin/RelayCountry.pm,
    > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i386-linux/auto/Storable/autosplit.ix,
    > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/WrongMX.pm,
    > Mail/SpamAssassin/CompiledRegexps/body_0.pm,
    > Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/PDFInfo.pm, Regexp/Assemble.pm, Storable.pm
    >
    > Amavisd-new adds a received header from localhost - would that be
    > confusing the WrongMX.pm plugin? I tried to use-the-source to figure
    > out what it was doing, but got lost...

    WrongMX plugin needs a recipient address, and tries to fetch it from
    a username under which spamassassin command is run, or by using a
    signal_user_changed mechanism (option -u in spamc).

    In the amavisd environment, SpamAssassin always runs under one
    username (e.g. vscan), and the $self->{main}->{username} as used
    in wrongmx.pm always returns 'vscan', with no domain, which
    makes it useless to its purpose and it bails out. Another problem
    is that wrongmx expects exactly one recipient, but a mail
    message may have multiple recipients.

    Amavisd does pass a list of recipients to SpamAssasin as
    synthetic header fields X-Envelope-To (there may be more than
    one such header field). WrongMX would need to be modified
    to be able to deal with multiple recipients, and to collect
    them from X-Envelope-To.

    Mark

  3. Re: WrongMX from amavisd-new?

    On Monday, Jul 28th 2008 at 12:03 -0000, quoth Mark Martinec:

    =>Dan,
    =>
    =>> I installed WrongMX.pm today, on my secondary MX, but it does not appear
    =>> to be firing. A spamassassin -D --lint does show the module to be
    =>> loaded, and the module shows up in my amavisd-new logs:
    =>>
[...]

    Mark, I'm running WrongMX on my home server. My secondary MX is
    zoneedit.com. I'm runniong sendmail, spamass-milter and sa. My
    configuration for sa is this:

    loadplugin WrongMX wrongmx.pm

    header WRONGMX eval:wrongmx()
    describe WRONGMX Sent to lower pref MX when higher pref MX was up.
    tflags WRONGMX net
    score WRONGMX 1.0

    I'm at a loss to figure out how to tell WrongMX what address it thinks it
    should know is my secondary MX (or which is the primary, for that matter).
    Is WrongMX supposed to be able to figure it out? I've had it installed now
    for about a month and it has not caught anything that was first sent to my
    secondary.

    --
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have .0.
    steveo at syslang.net

+ Reply to Thread