OT: listed - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on OT: listed - SpamAssassin ; Hi all, We have been having problems for a couple of days emailing some our insurance providers- I then emailed them from a hotmail account and it went through- how can I see if we've been blacklisted 68.167.21.154 Thanks, jp...

  1. OT: listed

    Hi all,

    We have been having problems for a couple of days emailing some our
    insurance providers- I then emailed them from a hotmail account and it went
    through- how can I see if we've been blacklisted

    68.167.21.154

    Thanks,

    jp

  2. Re: OT: listed

  3. RE: listed

    Try using senderbase:

    http://www.senderbase.org

    > Thanks,
    >

    > jp

  4. RE: listed

    You google for real time blocklist and plug in your IP address

    Rubin Bennett
    rbtechnologies, LLC
    (802)223-4448
    rbennett@thatitguy.com
    http://thatitguy.com

    We have been having problems for a couple of days emailing some our
    insurance providers- I then emailed them from a hotmail account and it went
    through- how can I see if we've been blacklisted

    68.167.21.154

    Thanks,

    jp

  5. RE: listed

    > Try using senderbase:
    >
    > http://www.senderbase.org

    Not as accurate as it would appear. They list faked Received headers.
    We had a host at columbia.edu that did not send any mail (confirmed by
    its own logs and by our network traffic monitor) listed as the largest
    source of mail in the columbia.edu domain-- all because a spammer was
    pretending his mail originated at it, by a faked Received header. This
    went on for about a year, and we complained a few times, and they did
    not fix it. The spammer moved on eventually.

    There have been other listings there for columbia.edu that do not match
    the data we have for our network traffic. It's not reliable.

    Joseph Brennan
    Lead Email Systems Engineer

  6. Re: listed

    Joseph Brennan writes:

    > > Try using senderbase:
    > >
    > > http://www.senderbase.org

    > Not as accurate as it would appear. They list faked Received headers.
    > We had a host at columbia.edu that did not send any mail (confirmed by
    > its own logs and by our network traffic monitor) listed as the largest
    > source of mail in the columbia.edu domain-- all because a spammer was
    > pretending his mail originated at it, by a faked Received header. This
    > went on for about a year, and we complained a few times, and they did
    > not fix it. The spammer moved on eventually.

    by the way, if you still have cases along these lines, feel free to
    mention them on the list -- they sometimes turn out to provide good rules

    --j.

+ Reply to Thread