Exclude domain from WHOIS_MYPRIVREG? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Exclude domain from WHOIS_MYPRIVREG? - SpamAssassin ; I got somewhat spammy-looking ham that scored 1.7, and I'd like to fix WHOIS_MYPRIVREG not to fire on nabble.com. While I see the piont of WHOIS_MYPRIVREG, I know that nabble isn't particularly a source of spam. What I want, basically ...

  1. Exclude domain from WHOIS_MYPRIVREG?

    I got somewhat spammy-looking ham that scored 1.7, and I'd like to fix
    WHOIS_MYPRIVREG not to fire on nabble.com. While I see the piont of
    WHOIS_MYPRIVREG, I know that nabble isn't particularly a source of spam.

    What I want, basically is

    domains_exclude WHOIS_MYPRIVREG nabble.com

    to cause nabble.com to be not checked by the WHOIS_MYPRIVREG rule.

    I looked on the wiki, and couldn't find this.

    Here are headers from the mail in question:

    * [URIs: nabble.com]
    * 2.3 FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD 'From' yahoo.com does not match 'Received' headers
    * -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
    * [score: 0.0000]
    * 0.5 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

  2. Re: Exclude domain from WHOIS_MYPRIVREG?

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Greg Troxel wrote:

    > domains_exclude WHOIS_MYPRIVREG nabble.com

    Why not write a rule to see if your MTA received the message from
    nabble.com and subtract a few points?

    The difference is that Unix has had thirty years of technical
    types demanding basic functionality of it. And the Macintosh has
    had fifteen years of interface fascist users shaping its progress.
    Windows has the hairpin turns of the Microsoft marketing machine
    and that's all. -- Red Drag Diva
    12 days until the 273rd anniversary of John Peter Zenger's acquittal

  3. Re: Exclude domain from WHOIS_MYPRIVREG?

    > domains_exclude WHOIS_MYPRIVREG nabble.com

    Why not write a rule to see if your MTA received the message from
    nabble.com and subtract a few points?

    I suppose I could, but that would be in my view a kludge. Basically I
    think it's wrong to give positive points to a mail with a nabble.com
    footer, and I'm trying to avoid doing that, rather than add a
    counterbalancing score. Subtracting seems more complex and prone to
    more unintended consequences.

  4. Re: Exclude domain from WHOIS_MYPRIVREG?

    Greg Troxel a écrit :
    > What I want, basically is
    >
    > domains_exclude WHOIS_MYPRIVREG nabble.com

    AFAIK the best you can do is

    uridnsbl_skip_domain nabble.com

    which excludes nabble from all URIBL lookups.

    John.

    --
    -- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
    -- Translate your technical documents and web pages - www.tradoc.fr

  5. Re: Exclude domain from WHOIS_MYPRIVREG?

    John Wil**** writes:

    > Greg Troxel a écrit :
    >> What I want, basically is
    >>
    >> domains_exclude WHOIS_MYPRIVREG nabble.com

    > AFAIK the best you can do is
    >
    > uridnsbl_skip_domain nabble.com
    >
    > which excludes nabble from all URIBL lookups.

    Thank you for the suggestion - that is essentially what I want. Were
    nabble to be on some other uribl, I'd want to exclude it from that check
    too.

+ Reply to Thread