Spamc - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Spamc - SpamAssassin ; Hi, I'm configuring the spamassassin + postfix. I´ve done the follow modifications in /etc/postfix/master.cf: smtp inet n - n - - smtpd -o content_filter=spamd spamd unix - n n - - pipe user=spam argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ...

  1. Spamc

    Hi,

    I'm configuring the spamassassin + postfix.
    I´ve done the follow modifications in /etc/postfix/master.cf:

    smtp inet n - n - - smtpd -o content_filter=spamd

    spamd unix - n n - - pipe
    user=spam argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f
    -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}

    However, when i verify in man spamc, the option -f doesn't exist. So, I
    withdraw.
    I restart the postfix, but looking the logs, I've got:

    (delivered via spamc to maildir)
    or
    (delivered maildir)

    Before of the application of those new configurations, just delivered
    maildir was returned to me and the messages were delivered. After the
    modifications, the row of email dont stop to grow (mailq).

    By what did I read, when is put the directive content_filter in master.cf, he
    underwrite the content_filter of main.cf. Like this, with my modifications,
    I would be calling the spamassassin to verify for virus instead of the
    amavis (in my case). And that question of delivery; also by what did I
    read, the spamc analyzes and marks the message and it goes over again for
    the MTA.

    Any idea for what I'm doing wrong?

    []'s

    --
    Eduardo Júnior
    GNU/Linux user #423272

    :wq

  2. Re: Spamc

    Eduardo Júnior wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > I'm configuring the spamassassin + postfix.
    > I´ve done the follow modifications in /etc/postfix/master.cf
    > :
    >

    > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd -o content_filter=spamd
    >
    > spamd unix - n n - - pipe
    > user=spam argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f
    > -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}
    >

    > However, when i verify in man spamc, the option -f doesn't exist. So,
    > I withdraw.
    > I restart the postfix, but looking the logs, I've got:
    >
    > (delivered via spamc to maildir)
    > or
    > (delivered maildir)
    >

    > Before of the application of those new configurations, just delivered
    > maildir was returned to me and the messages were delivered. After the
    > modifications, the row of email dont stop to grow (mailq).
    >
    > By what did I read, when is put the directive content_filter in
    > master.cf , he underwrite the content_filter of
    > main.cf . Like this, with my modifications, I would
    > be calling the spamassassin to verify for virus instead of the amavis
    > (in my case). And that question of delivery; also by what did I read,
    > the spamc analyzes and marks the message and it goes over again for
    > the MTA.
    >

    > Any idea for what I'm doing wrong?

    Well, I don't know enough about postfix to help you much, but I can tell
    you it's not the missing -f option.

    -f has been "always on" since before 2.60. It causes spamc to run in
    "safe failover" mode, and return error codes if it can't connect to
    spamd. It's such a sensible behavior that it became the default behavior
    and the option was removed. (if you really want, you can see mention of
    it in the 2.60 docs for spamc off the spamassassin website)

  3. Re: Spamc

    > Eduardo Júnior wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> I'm configuring the spamassassin + postfix.
    >> I´ve done the follow modifications in /etc/postfix/master.cf
    >> :
    >>

    >> smtp inet n - n - - smtpd -o content_filter=spamd
    >>
    >> spamd unix - n n - - pipe
    >> user=spam argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f
    >> -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}
    >>

    >> However, when i verify in man spamc, the option -f doesn't exist. So,
    >> I withdraw.
    >> I restart the postfix, but looking the logs, I've got:
    >>
    >> (delivered via spamc to maildir)
    >> or
    >> (delivered maildir)
    >>

    >> Before of the application of those new configurations, just delivered
    >> maildir was returned to me and the messages were delivered. After the
    >> modifications, the row of email dont stop to grow (mailq).
    >>
    >> By what did I read, when is put the directive content_filter in
    >> master.cf , he underwrite the content_filter of
    >> main.cf . Like this, with my modifications, I would
    >> be calling the spamassassin to verify for virus instead of the amavis
    >> (in my case). And that question of delivery; also by what did I read,
    >> the spamc analyzes and marks the message and it goes over again for
    >> the MTA.
    >>

    >> Any idea for what I'm doing wrong?

    I use the -f option, that is required - here is how i run my setup.

    smtp inet n - n - - smtpd -o content_filter=spamd

    spamd unix - n n - - pipe
    flags=Rq user=spamd argv=/usr/local/bin/spamd.sh
    -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}

    /usr/local/bin/spamd.sh looks like this:
    #! /bin/sh
    /usr/local/bin/spamc | /usr/sbin/sendmail -i "$@"

+ Reply to Thread