change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode - SpamAssassin ; I didn't see anything on the www, so after a lil investigation, it appears that on a centos 4.6 box with SA 3.2.5, that the default compiled SA ruleset is in /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled And below... Question(s) So, to go back to ...

  1. change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode

    I didn't see anything on the www, so after a lil investigation, it appears
    that on a centos 4.6 box with SA 3.2.5, that the default compiled SA ruleset
    is in

    /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled

    And below...

    Question(s)

    So, to go back to standard SA processing config, basically I just need to
    admin down the mail server processes, the SA process, remove the directory
    structure above, lint, and then fire all the processes back up and double
    check?

    Is it that easy?

    Basically I think it is time to do some testing and such and want to be able
    to go back and forth between the two different processing modes.

    Thanks in advance

    - rh

  2. Re: change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode

    Robert - elists writes:

    > I didn't see anything on the www, so after a lil investigation, it appears
    > that on a centos 4.6 box with SA 3.2.5, that the default compiled SA ruleset
    > is in
    >
    > /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled
    >
    > And below...
    >
    > Question(s)
    >
    > So, to go back to standard SA processing config, basically I just need to
    > admin down the mail server processes, the SA process, remove the directory
    > structure above, lint, and then fire all the processes back up and double
    > check?
    >
    > Is it that easy?
    >
    > Basically I think it is time to do some testing and such and want to be able
    > to go back and forth between the two different processing modes.

    yes.

  3. RE: change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode

    > Robert - elists wrote:
    > >
    > > I didn't see anything on the www, so after a lil investigation, it

    > appears
    > > that on a centos 4.6 box with SA 3.2.5, that the default compiled SA

    > ruleset
    > > is in
    > >
    > > /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled
    > >
    > > And below...
    > >
    > > Question(s)
    > >
    > > So, to go back to standard SA processing config, basically I just need

    > > admin down the mail server processes, the SA process, remove the

    > directory
    > > structure above, lint, and then fire all the processes back up and

    > double
    > > check?
    > >
    > > Is it that easy?
    > >
    > > Basically I think it is time to do some testing and such and want to be

    > able
    > > to go back and forth between the two different processing modes.

    JM replied:

    > yes.

    Then Robert thought, maybe I would have to go into the v320.pre file and
    comment out this line

    loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody

    Q: Should that be commented out or can we just leave it?

    - rh

  4. Re: change from compiled SA mode back to regular SA mode

    Robert - elists writes:

    > > Robert - elists wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I didn't see anything on the www, so after a lil investigation, it

    > > appears
    > > > that on a centos 4.6 box with SA 3.2.5, that the default compiled SA

    > > ruleset
    > > > is in
    > > >
    > > > /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled
    > > >
    > > > And below...
    > > >
    > > > Question(s)
    > > >
    > > > So, to go back to standard SA processing config, basically I just need

    > > > admin down the mail server processes, the SA process, remove the

    > > directory
    > > > structure above, lint, and then fire all the processes back up and

    > > double
    > > > check?
    > > >
    > > > Is it that easy?
    > > >
    > > > Basically I think it is time to do some testing and such and want to be

    > > able
    > > > to go back and forth between the two different processing modes.

    > JM replied:
    >
    > > yes.

    > Then Robert thought, maybe I would have to go into the v320.pre file and
    > comment out this line
    >
    > loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody
    >
    > Q: Should that be commented out or can we just leave it?

    you can just leave it. Nothing will happen until you rerun sa-compile.

+ Reply to Thread