UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY gone - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY gone - SpamAssassin ; I see that the UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY test has gone away from 3.0 to 3.1. Is there another method somewhere for testing for other languages now? -- Tim Boyer Denman Tire Corporation tim@denmantire.com...

  1. UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY gone

    --
    Tim Boyer
    Denman Tire Corporation

  2. Re: UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY gone

    Tim Boyer wrote:
    > I see that the UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY test has gone away from 3.0 to 3.1.
    > Is there another method somewhere for testing for other languages now?

    Um, what makes you think it's gone? It's been made into a plugin, but
    it's still there.

    It's now the TextCat plugin, and works just fine if you uncomment the
    line to load the TextCat plugin in v310.pre.

    (and for reference, the UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY rule itself lives in
    25_textcat.cf, and automatically activates when the plugin is loaded)

  3. RE: UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY gone

    > Um, what makes you think it's gone?

    [root@roosevelt updates_spamassassin_org]# fgrep UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY *
    [root@roosevelt updates_spamassassin_org]#

    and I apparently made a silly assumption. Didn't notice anything in the
    release notes.

    > It's been made into a plugin, but
    > it's still there.
    >
    > It's now the TextCat plugin, and works just fine if you uncomment the
    > line to load the TextCat plugin in v310.pre.
    >
    > (and for reference, the UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY rule itself lives in
    > 25_textcat.cf, and automatically activates when the plugin is loaded)

    Aha! That's it. No, it doesn't:

    body UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY eval:check_language()

    It's changed from UNDESIRED to UNWANTED, which is why I didn't spot it. And
    why UNDESIRED is no longer scoring anything for me.

    Thanks much!

    -- tim --

+ Reply to Thread