Sendmail Question [OT] - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Sendmail Question [OT] - SpamAssassin ; Just a quick sendmail question I'm asking for a friend. If they want to make sendmail listen on port 2525 instead of 25 - what do they meed to change? Email me privately off list. Thanks in advance...

  1. Sendmail Question [OT]

    Just a quick sendmail question I'm asking for a friend. If they want to
    make sendmail listen on port 2525 instead of 25 - what do they meed to
    change? Email me privately off list.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Sendmail Question [OT]

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Marc Perkel wrote:

    > Just a quick sendmail question I'm asking for a friend. If they want to make
    > sendmail listen on port 2525 instead of 25 - what do they meed to change?
    > Email me privately off list.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Google for:

    "sendmail" +alternate port

    Very first link that came up.

    -d

  3. Re: Sendmail Question [OT]

    Marc Perkel wrote:

    > Just a quick sendmail question I'm asking for a friend. If they want
    > to make sendmail listen on port 2525 instead of 25 - what do they meed
    > to change? Email me privately off list.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    By default sendmail accepts SMTP connections also on port 587.

    Port 587 is intended for MUA->MTA communication unlike port 25 intended
    for MTA->MTA communication.

    --
    [pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
    It is a wise father that knows his own child.

  4. RE: Sendmail Question [OT]

    You can also leave sendmail as it is and on the firewall, drop packets going
    to port 25 and redirect traffic on port 2525 to port 25 on the machine
    running sendmail:

    iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport smtp -j DROP
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 2525 -j DNAT --to-destination
    server:25

+ Reply to Thread