Is it OK to run sa-learn on messages with SpamAssassin headers? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Is it OK to run sa-learn on messages with SpamAssassin headers? - SpamAssassin ; Hello Is it OK to run sa-learn with the --spam option on messages that have already had the SpamAssassin message placed at the top? i.e. if I run it on this message below, will sa-learn ignore the top message and ...

  1. Is it OK to run sa-learn on messages with SpamAssassin headers?

    Hello

    Is it OK to run sa-learn with the --spam option on messages that have
    already had the SpamAssassin message placed at the top?

    i.e. if I run it on this message below, will sa-learn ignore the top message
    and only read the original spam at the bottom, or will it read everything?
    If it reads everything will this screw up my ham words bayes database?

    Thanks

    ------------=_4872113C.E6F0FB23

    Spam detection software, running on the system "best.localnet", has
    identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
    similar future email. If you have any questions, see
    lee@xxx.com for details.

    Content preview: John McCain gathers support from lackeys in Iraq and
    Afghanistan
    towards his election campaign http://testing.vuenosairez.com/r.html [...]

    Content analysis details: (11.4 points, 8.0 required)

    pts rule name description
    ---- ----------------------
    1.5 HELO_DYNAMIC_DHCP Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (DHCP)
    2.9 BAD_ENC_HEADER Message has bad MIME encoding in the header
    1.6 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
    address
    [151.50.15.45 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
    0.5 RCVD_IN_PBL RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
    [151.50.15.45 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
    2.0 URIBL_BLACK Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
    [URIs: vuenosairez.com]
    2.9 URIBL_JP_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist
    [URIs: vuenosairez.com]
    0.1 RDNS_DYNAMIC Delivered to trusted network by host with
    dynamic-looking rDNS

    ------------=_4872113C.E6F0FB23

    From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marty?="
    To: email@xxx.com
    Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Memorabilia for heroes only?=
    Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:49:51 +0200
    John McCain gathers support from lackeys in Iraq and Afghanistan towards his
    election campaign http://testing.vuenosairez.com/r.html

  2. Re: Is it OK to run sa-learn on messages with SpamAssassin headers?

    On 17.07.08 01:51, Linspeed wrote:
    > Is it OK to run sa-learn with the --spam option on messages that have
    > already had the SpamAssassin message placed at the top?

    yes, SA removes those headers. If there are some extra headers you want to
    use, you can still use bayes_ignore_header
    Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.

+ Reply to Thread