What software/resources to check SpamAssassin rating on marketingmessages? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on What software/resources to check SpamAssassin rating on marketingmessages? - SpamAssassin ; I currently use GetResponse, which has a built in SpamAssassin rater that looks at your content and code and assigns a rating - is there any direct third party (or opensource) apps that do this as well? I just want ...

  1. What software/resources to check SpamAssassin rating on marketingmessages?

    I currently use GetResponse, which has a built in SpamAssassin rater that
    looks at your content and code and assigns a rating - is there any direct
    third party (or opensource) apps that do this as well? I just want to make
    sure our emails are as low as possible before going out!

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: What software/resources to check SpamAssassin rating on marketingmessages?

    delfinparis wrote:
    > I currently use GetResponse, which has a built in SpamAssassin rater that
    > looks at your content and code and assigns a rating - is there any direct
    > third party (or opensource) apps that do this as well? I just want to make
    > sure our emails are as low as possible before going out!

    Trying to evade the filter at any cost will more probably result in mail
    that will be caught!

    Instead, calm down and read:

    http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...gFpsForSenders

    If you send legitimate mail, then the only thing we ask you is to follow
    good practices: confirmed opt-in, easy opt-out, no
    deception/forgery/hiding/..., easily reachable, responsible, ... etc. Be
    clear and honest. This way, your messages will resemble mail that we get
    and will hopefully not get caught.

    If you still want to see what SA would say, just setup a machine with SA
    and pass the message to it. but do understand that different people use
    different rules (and/or scores), have different data in their Bayes, use
    different NDSBLs/URIBLs/..., etc. a lot of people don't even use SA.

  3. orphaned .tmp files in the submission folder

    Hi,

    I'm using spamc/spamd with CommuniGate Pro. When spamd puts the file
    in the submission folder it USUALLY gets a .sub extension applied
    within a minute or two. However I am seeing orphaned files that are
    both non-spam and spam that just get left as .tmp files. Many times
    these files have multiple .tmp extensions (up to 9 or 10 of them) as
    though spamd just coughed and started over.

    Currently I'm examining these files and deleting the spam and using a
    drag and drop renaming utility to manually submit (add the .sub
    extensions) these files a couple of times a day.

    Why is this happening and what settings changes will stop it? I've
    tried more spamd children and less spamd children. I've turned
    autowhitelisting off and on. I've checked all the mysql spamassassin
    database files and they are in working order.

    Here's the Startup.sh script that CommuniGate pro runs with variations
    of the spamd command that I've tried:

    #!/bin/sh
    ################################################## ##########################
    #SpamAssassin daemonstartup

    spamd -d -x -q -u nobody -x -m 5 -r /var/Communigate/spamdprocessid
    #spamd -d -x -q -u nobody -x -m 8 --ident-timeout=15 -r /var/
    Communigate/spamd$
    #spamd -d -x -Q -m 8 --ident-timeout=15 -r /var/Communigate/
    spamdprocessid

    My hardware/software setup is as follow:

    Mac OS X 10.5.4 client
    4 gb ram
    spamd with up to 5 children
    CommuniGate Pro 5.2.5