sare rules? - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on sare rules? - SpamAssassin ; This was probably discussed at some point, but I haven't been getting emails from the list for some time. The dates I see on all my sare rule sets are in January when I moved to 3.2.4. My updates_spamassassin_org.cf file ...

  1. sare rules?

    This was probably discussed at some point, but I haven't been getting emails
    from the list for some time.

    The dates I see on all my sare rule sets are in January when I moved to
    3.2.4. My updates_spamassassin_org.cf file is dated June 17.

    I debugged saupdate and this appears correct. But recently I am seeing an
    increase in spam reaching my end users.

    Is there something more that I can be doing? Maybe I need to start updating
    from some additional rule sets?

    - Skip

  2. Re: sare rules?

    On Jul 14, 2008, at 13:01, "Skip Brott" wrote:

    > This was probably discussed at some point, but I haven't been
    > getting emails from the list for some time.
    >
    > The dates I see on all my sare rule sets are in January when I moved
    > to 3.2.4. My updates_spamassassin_org.cf file is dated June 17.
    >
    > I debugged saupdate and this appears correct. But recently I am
    > seeing an increase in spam reaching my end users.
    >
    > Is there something more that I can be doing? Maybe I need to start
    > updating from some additional rule sets?

    Start also using JM SOUGHT rules. Search the archives and google for
    context.

  3. Re: sare rules?

    On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:52 -0400, Sahil Tandon wrote:
    > On Jul 14, 2008, at 13:01, "Skip Brott" wrote:

    > > This was probably discussed at some point, but I haven't been
    > > getting emails from the list for some time.
    > >
    > > The dates I see on all my sare rule sets are in January when I moved
    > > to 3.2.4. My updates_spamassassin_org.cf file is dated June 17.

    Yes, this indeed is correct. Currently, there are no updates to SARE,
    and there haven't been any in quite a while.

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_...02@alexb.ch%3e

    > > I debugged saupdate and this appears correct. But recently I am
    > > seeing an increase in spam reaching my end users.
    > >
    > > Is there something more that I can be doing? Maybe I need to start
    > > updating from some additional rule sets?

    Yes, maybe. Hard to tell without any samples...

    > Start also using JM SOUGHT rules. Search the archives and google for
    > context.

    Or start here. http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SoughtRules

    guenther

    --
    char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a \x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
    main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i (c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}

  4. Re: sare rules?

    On Monday, July 14, 2008, 10:01:34 AM, Skip Brott wrote:
    > I am seeing an
    > increase in spam reaching my end users.
    >
    > Is there something more that I can be doing? Maybe I need to start updating
    > from some additional rule sets?

    Do you have network tests enabled?

    What kinds of spams are getting through? 419s are hard to
    catch.

    Jeff C.
    --
    Jeff Chan