Bayes database clearance - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on Bayes database clearance - SpamAssassin ; I'm using the script at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...heck_whitelist to clear my AWL file regularly. While it seemsto work fine, the database file's size does not shrink however. Somewhere on the Web I read about someone that has fixed the script, but was ...

  1. Bayes database clearance

    I'm using the script at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spam...heck_whitelist to clear my AWL file regularly. While it seemsto work fine, the database file's size does not shrink however.

    Somewhere on the Web I read about someone that has fixed the script, but was notable to find the fixed version of this script.

    So I wonder if someonegot it and can provide the fixed version ?

    Tobias.

    Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
    Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.
    http://de.overview.mail.yahoo.com

  2. AWL size reduction (was Re: Bayes database clearance)

    (Subject changed to match the OP's question, which wasn't actually about
    Bayes.)

    Jared Hall wrote:
    > Try: http://www.deepnet.cx/~kdeugau/spamtools/trim_whitelist
    > and customize the script as per your installation. Hope that
    > helps.

    FWIW I'm now running this nightly on a pair of systems with a global
    AWL, in order to keep it from ballooning to hundreds of megabytes and
    bogging down mail processing.

    Six years or so after gutting the check_whitelist script from SA ~2.5x
    (IIRC) to create trim_whitelist to actually reduce the AWL file size, my
    hack is still working.

    On another (much larger) system, I've recently activated a global AWL in
    MySQL instead, so adding a column to indicate the time the entry was
    added allows me to more easily expire entries. Searching back through
    the list archives for a subject of "Reduce Bayes DB" should turn up the
    suggestions I used as reference.

    -kgd

+ Reply to Thread