auto-whitelist file location in 3.2.4 - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on auto-whitelist file location in 3.2.4 - SpamAssassin ; How does one set the file location for the auto-whitelist file on a 3.2.x system? I am on a shared hosting system, but call spamassassin manually from procmail. Here's the debug output that deals with auto-whitelist: [25947] dbg: locker: safe_lock: ...

  1. auto-whitelist file location in 3.2.4

    How does one set the file location for the auto-whitelist file on a
    3.2.x system? I am on a shared hosting system, but call spamassassin
    manually from procmail. Here's the debug output that deals with
    auto-whitelist:

    [25947] dbg: locker: safe_lock: created
    /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist.lock.box106.bluehost.com.25947
    [25947] dbg: locker: safe_lock: trying to get lock on
    /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist with 0 retries
    [25947] dbg: locker: safe_lock: link to
    /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist.lock: link ok
    [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: tie-ing to DB file of type DB_File R/W in
    /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist
    [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: db-based hiddenhems@verizon.net|ip=71.113
    scores 31/-157.366
    [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: AWL active, pre-score: -4.423, autolearn
    score: -4.423, mean: -5.07632258064516, IP: 71.113.166.229
    [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: add_score: new count: 32, new totscore:
    -161.789
    [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: DB addr list: untie-ing and unlocking
    [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: DB addr list: file locked, breaking lock

    Now, I checked the docs, and apparently the setting for the
    auto-whitelist location (auto_whitelist_path) was removed in 3.2.x and I
    cannot for the life of me figure out how to tell my system where I want
    it to place my awl. I did have a auto-whitelist file in my
    ~/.spamassassin directory, but I renamed it, and strangely enough,
    messages are still getting tagged with the "-2.8 AWL AWL: From: address
    is in the auto white-list", so I have no idea how sa knows to look on
    /ramdisk. I am on a shared hosting system, and I would like to place my
    own whitelist in my home directory and use it, but I guess I have missed
    to correct documentation. When I call spamassassin, I pass it the -p
    option with my own configuration file, and I should be able to pass it
    the -C or --siteconfigpath options to set admin settings. Any help?

    Skip

    --
    Get my PGP Public key here:
    http://pelorus.org/skip@pelorus.org_public_key.asc

  2. Re: auto-whitelist file location in 3.2.4

    Skip wrote:
    > How does one set the file location for the auto-whitelist file on a
    > 3.2.x system? I am on a shared hosting system, but call spamassassin
    > manually from procmail. Here's the debug output that deals with
    > auto-whitelist:
    >
    > [25947] dbg: locker: safe_lock: created
    > /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist.lock.box106.bluehost.com.25947
    >
    > [25947] dbg: locker: safe_lock: trying to get lock on
    > /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist with 0 retries
    > [25947] dbg: locker: safe_lock: link to
    > /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist.lock: link ok
    > [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: tie-ing to DB file of type DB_File R/W in
    > /ramdisk/etc/spamassassin/data/auto-whitelist
    > [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: db-based hiddenhems@verizon.net|ip=71.113
    > scores 31/-157.366
    > [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: AWL active, pre-score: -4.423, autolearn
    > score: -4.423, mean: -5.07632258064516, IP: 71.113.166.229
    > [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: add_score: new count: 32, new totscore:
    > -161.789
    > [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: DB addr list: untie-ing and unlocking
    > [25947] dbg: auto-whitelist: DB addr list: file locked, breaking lock
    >
    > Now, I checked the docs, and apparently the setting for the
    > auto-whitelist location (auto_whitelist_path) was removed in 3.2.x and
    > I cannot for the life of me figure out how to tell my system where I
    > want it to place my awl.

    That option wasn't removed from SA.. it was removed from the main conf
    docs, as all of the AWL is now a plugin. That option is documented in
    the docs for the AWL plugin, which is where it really belongs. (if the
    option isn't valid without the plugin, then it in theory shouldn't be in
    the main Conf manpage..)

    See
    http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...lugin_AWL.html

  3. Re: auto-whitelist file location in 3.2.4

    On Thu, June 26, 2008 05:16, Skip wrote:

    > option with my own configuration file, and I should be able to pass it
    > the -C or --siteconfigpath options to set admin settings. Any help?

    AWL and BAYES will when procmail is in use be in $HOME./spamassassin/

    but can be overwrited in user_prefs with path

    perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AWL
    perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Bayes
    perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

    for more info

    on bluehost it may be diff

    --
    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  4. Re: auto-whitelist file location in 3.2.4

    On Thu, June 26, 2008 05:56, Matt Kettler wrote:

    > the docs for the AWL plugin, which is where it really belongs. (if the
    > option isn't valid without the plugin, then it in theory shouldn't be in
    > the main Conf manpage..)

    there is still docs for bayes in conf, even bayes is a plugin now

    needs clean up atleast not all using bayes :-)

    --
    Benny Pedersen
    Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

  5. Re: auto-whitelist file location in 3.2.4

    > That option wasn't removed from SA.. it was removed from the main conf
    > docs, as all of the AWL is now a plugin. That option is documented in the
    > docs for the AWL plugin, which is where it really belongs. (if the option
    > isn't valid without the plugin, then it in theory shouldn't be in the main
    > Conf manpage..)
    >

    > See
    > http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...sin_Plugin_AWL
    > .html

    I see, and got it working. Next question: How would I set it up so that
    I could have a separate whitelist for each user (I only have four users)?
    Again, I call spamassassin from procmail, and each user has its own
    procmailrc, so I can easily hardcode in the command as an argument to
    spamassassin. But I haven't seen a way yet to tell spamassassin to look
    in a particular place for the .cf files for the plugins. On bluehost,
    somehow spamassassin knows to look in the ~/.spamassassin folder for the
    *.cf files. Worst case I write a rule to copy the right .cf file into
    place depending on which procmailrc is executing (and placing in some file
    locks of course), but I'd hate to kludge that into place.

+ Reply to Thread