SA no longer scoring - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on SA no longer scoring - SpamAssassin ; Running SA version 3.2.4 amavisd-new version 2.2.1 Postfix version 2.5.2 Upgraded postfix from version 2.1.x to 2.5.2 just a few hours ago. Now Spamassassin is giving everything a score of 0, even the obvious spam. Worked properly just minutes before ...

  1. SA no longer scoring

    Running SA version 3.2.4
    amavisd-new version 2.2.1
    Postfix version 2.5.2
    Upgraded postfix from version 2.1.x to 2.5.2 just a few hours ago.
    Now Spamassassin is giving everything a score of 0, even the obvious spam.
    Worked properly just minutes before I ran the upgrade.
    Looked at all the logs for Postfix, amavisd-new, and spamassassin, and
    cannot see any errors or warnings, but Spamassassin just passes all messages
    now without giving a score or a score of 0.
    I anyone can point me in the right direction of what I need to be looking at
    I thank you in advance.

    mmedlin99

  2. Re: SA no longer scoring

    Example headers?

    Output of spamassassin --lint ?

    mmedlin99 wrote:
    > Running SA version 3.2.4
    > amavisd-new version 2.2.1
    > Postfix version 2.5.2
    > Upgraded postfix from version 2.1.x to 2.5.2 just a few hours ago.
    > Now Spamassassin is giving everything a score of 0, even the obvious spam.
    > Worked properly just minutes before I ran the upgrade.
    > Looked at all the logs for Postfix, amavisd-new, and spamassassin, and
    > cannot see any errors or warnings, but Spamassassin just passes all messages
    > now without giving a score or a score of 0.
    > I anyone can point me in the right direction of what I need to be looking at
    > I thank you in advance.
    >
    > mmedlin99

  3. Re: SA no longer scoring

    On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 10:41 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    > Example headers?
    >

    > Output of spamassassin --lint ?

    Since he's running amavisd-new, running `amavisd -c blah.conf debug-sa`
    would probably provide the most information...

    --
    Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
    Austin Energy

  4. Re: SA no longer scoring

    Thanks for responding,
    Output of spamassassin --lint is ..nothing. It just does it's thing and
    returns to the prompt. From what I've read no messages should be a good
    thing.
    You;ll have to forgive me I'm sometimes not so bright, I assumed that
    "blah.conf" meant "amavisd.conf".
    Ran what you suggested, and redirected output to a text file, (after 7
    minutes it went over 200KB).
    Looked through the file, no "Error", "Halting", "Panic", etc that I could
    see.
    I don't know if it will help, but something I did see were these lines:
    dbg: check: is spam? score=0 required=5
    dbg: check: tests=
    I saw them in relation to all the messages that came in while the "debug"
    was running, and Spamassassin was, I assume, doing its thing.
    Don't know if it helps either but in the log file for
    Postfix,(/var/log/mail/info) there is a string "delays=12/0.01/0.01/10,
    dsn=2.6.0"(number after dalays= changes every time, but dsn=2.6.0 stays the
    same). This string showed up at 4:15am CDT,(2 minutes after I had started
    Postfix after upgrading) and shows up for every message that has come in
    since then. It does not show up in the log file before then.
    If any of this is meaningful to someone, and they can give me any clues,
    again thanks in advance.

    mmedlin99