HELP!!! Strange effects after installing spamassasin - SpamAssassin

This is a discussion on HELP!!! Strange effects after installing spamassasin - SpamAssassin ; Guys, We are running a postfix mail server. We recently installed spamassasin. Since then, any email send in or out of the server send a copy of the email to the sender. For example, if i send an email from ...

  1. HELP!!! Strange effects after installing spamassasin

    Guys,

    We are running a postfix mail server. We recently installed spamassasin.
    Since then, any email send in or out of the server send a copy of the email
    to the sender. For example, if i send an email from my gmail id to my work
    id, my gmail id gets a copy of it.

    We have done all we can in the server (off auto bcc, review bcc_maps etc)

    Please gimme some direction

  2. Re: HELP!!! Strange effects after installing spamassasin

    On 24.06.08 03:41, manojp77 wrote:
    > We are running a postfix mail server. We recently installed spamassasin.
    > Since then, any email send in or out of the server send a copy of the email
    > to the sender. For example, if i send an email from my gmail id to my work
    > id, my gmail id gets a copy of it.
    >
    > We have done all we can in the server (off auto bcc, review bcc_maps etc)

    since spamassassin only filters e-mail say it si ham/spam, the problem has
    to lie elsewhere. check your filter configuration again
    10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!

  3. Re: HELP!!! Strange effects after installing spamassasin

    manojp77 wrote:
    > Guys,
    >
    > We are running a postfix mail server. We recently installed spamassasin.
    > Since then, any email send in or out of the server send a copy of the email
    > to the sender. For example, if i send an email from my gmail id to my work
    > id, my gmail id gets a copy of it.

    this is a postfix question. as documented, disable rewrite before or
    after the filter. otherwise, your virtual aliases will be expanded twice
    and you get duplicates. look for "-o
    receive_override_options=no_address_mappings" ...

    http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html
    http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.postfix.html
    (the latter is useful even if you do not use amavisd-new).

    Followups on the postfix-users list.

    > We have done all we can in the server (off auto bcc, review bcc_maps etc)
    >
    > Please gimme some direction

+ Reply to Thread